advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

Shame wanted Chelsea but you've got to think ManU are beatable too. Diallo will be suspended for a start but looks like Kasey Palmer will be too.

Shame wanted Chelsea but you've got to think ManU are beatable too. Diallo will be suspended for a start but looks like Kasey Palmer will be too.
According to the ITV commentator Diallo will miss one league game. No doubt the same for Palmer if his red was due to two yellows.

Given it's intensity It doesn't take half a brain to work out the last thing our competition in the title race should wish for is Liverpool having fewer games....

According to the ITV commentator Diallo will miss one league game. No doubt the same for Palmer if his red was due to two yellows.
Palmer is on two yellows across the competion so that's a suspension (new rule this year apparently favours the big squads greatly - it used to be consecutive yellows, I believe.) He got booked for celebrating the winner on the pitch after he'd been subbed - tighted arsed ref! Sounds like a red applies to the next match but I took that to mean a straight red rather that two yellows as it were, could be wrong there.

I enjoyed yesterday's game. I am pleased with the result because I consider Liverpool to be a bigger threat to my team than any other side, bar Arsenal. As for Manchester United, the unwillingness of several players to put a defensive shift in will be their undoing, and possibly their manager's too. Fernandes waving his arms for others to press while he literally stands still and watches is a bizarre sight for a top player.

I thought the game against Newcastle saw one of our best performances of the season, with Rodri and Kovacic the central midfield combination that really allows the attack to do damage. I hope that it stays in place for all of the big games to come.

advertisement

Back