advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

Same except I'll be sitting in the stadium freezing cold and like you most probably miserable.
So you’re actually paying to inflict pain on yourself? Ive heard about your sort.

53460739731_42c5dd8cd5_n.jpg

Will be wearing at least 5 layers today at Adam’s Park as I watch yet another mind numbingly average Chairboys performance on their steady descent to League One relegation.

I‘d wait til the end bud before shooting your mouth off.

world champions starting their post Christmas juggernaut again.

The benefit of a strong bench really helped us today. Newcastle are plagued by injuries, and tiredness played a part, but they were dangerous for much of the game. I liked the ball into midfield followed by an instant pass out to the wings - it sucked in our centre and then sprung the attack. Oscar Bobb, who I've mentioned before, is a serious talent and it is very clear that the other players recognise it. I watched him win the Academy player of the year for two years running, across age groups, and that is serious in an Academy setup like City's. The relief at the end of the game was testimony to what a hard match this was. Commiserations to the Newcastle fans - a fanbase, manager and team that I like.

Last edited:
I‘d wait til the end bud before shooting your mouth off.
I wasnt shooting my mouth off and I am not your bud.

It was a comment made as a neutral, in fact as a Boro fan I am really not fond of Saudi FC or smug bastard Eddie Howe. Talking of smug bastards, nobody gives a flying **** about your world champions thing btw. I was just making observations on what was an enjoyable game, its see-saw nature and relating it to Walkers off field shenanigans.

I’ve been following footie since 1973 and I have seen most teams have highs and lows - even yours - remember when we beat you 7-0 during the Ericsson era and of course Jamie Pollocks own goal of the century that got you relegated. Sure, you are in a good period but the pendulum always swings maybe when you lose Pep.

Last edited:
Jurgen leaving at the end of the season. Lost for words.
Old enough to remember Shankly leaving. The Tony Wilson interview at 1:10 sums it up.

advertisement

Back