advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

You, Lego Pep & AFC just need to suck it up and move on.
Cherry picking VAR decisions to suit your misguided agenda is not a good look.
I was replying to weekenders post inviting everyone to swallow wholesale the findings of the panel.

I don't know what you think my agenda is, though I suspect you might have one of your own.

You fail to see this goes way beyond last week's game. That's over, the points have been awarded, but the problems remain.

I have concerns over the composition and competence of many refs, VAR officials and the mystery panel. This time it was Arsenal feeling aggrieved, next time it'll be yours or some other team and the circus moves on but do the problems get addressed?

You fail to see this goes way beyond last week's game.
I don't fail to see anything of the sort - we're all aware that VAR is a huge problem at the moment but the decision that you're the most focused on was not incorrect and was a legitimate goal.
All the nonsense after the match from Arteta and then the football club needs to be nipped in the bud otherwise the game will descend into chaos.

I don't fail to see anything of the sort - we're all aware that VAR is a huge problem at the moment but the decision that you're the most focused on was not incorrect and was a legitimate goal.
All the nonsense after the match from Arteta and then the football club needs to be nipped in the bud otherwise the game will descend into chaos.
In case you haven't noticed the game frequently exhibits chaos, all too often due to the hopeless officiating.

In case you haven't noticed the decision I most recently focused on was the one concerning guimaraes. But I appreciate it's easier for you to dodge that one.

But seeing as you bought it up again, don't be silly, it wasn't a legit goal.

Well played Bournemouth.
Could have been six or seven.
Pope our Man of the Match.
Hopefully the injury to Almiron not serious...nine out and counting.

Last edited:
Champions League extra games taking their toll on Newcastle maybe. Lets hope they get knocked out of the League cup so Boro can stroll to the final and regain the trophy following their 2005 win.

VAR making increasingly bizarre decisions.
Everyone's getting injured.

Not much more to the season at this stage than that.

Hope Chelsea give Man C a game today. Great to see Reece James playing again and I can see him giving Cities left hand side a few problems today and maybe Fernandes is due a good game too.

Great game, Raheem was like a man possessed in the first half. I thought Haaland fouled to gain the advantage, for the penalty though.

advertisement

Back