advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can accept refs interpretation of whether deliberate etc - just please can we have consistency?

I know LFC got a pen early doors in a EFL final against Spurs - Mane played the ball against a defender - even as a red, that wasn’t a penalty imho …

Of course they will. Players take advantage and cheat at every opportunity, hence them going over like tenpins at the slightest of touches once they are in the penalty area. So why the sympathy for harsh decisions against them?
The problem is the rules, not the players. If a player does not go over, a penalty is not given. A player has to go over because the rules that should apply everywhere on the pitch are not applied in the penalty area.

I’m not aware of anyone expressing sympathy for any player blatantly cheating

Palmer, though - wow. Fantastic performance. He could turn into an amazing player.
I hope Southgate was watching his performance as he seems to have more time on the ball than other players and nearly always makes the right pass or shot. Reece James has similar qualities when he’s fit. The audacity of Palmers second goal was George Best like.

think we are at least 8 first team players missing, injury or suspensions. tempted to bet against us as what players we do have look knackered to me, and Bournemouth are on a roll. I do not get spurs at 1.65 and Bournemouth at 3.6. 2 points difference is a lot in betting terms, and the draw is 3.4 which is probably the best bet on this game.

I presume you are talking about Tottenham - they are my favourite PL team to watch on telly this season.

👍 👍 COYS - yes I have that loyalty, as do my whole family - apart from the long passed uncle Greg who supported Leyton Orient for some unknown reason.

Nice to view, from a distance, a close scrap between several teams for the top spot.

Man C play such consistently gorgeous looking football it’s hard not to see them as favourites in the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back