advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

Fantastic watch, and a well deserved win to Wrexham, 3-2. One team automatically promoted is such a shame, both teams deserve to go straight up. Wrexham 103 points, and Notts County 100 points, thus far.. great stuff.

A good win for City thanks to some ruthlessness in both boxes. Bayern are a really good team and were on top for spells of the game. They successfully nullified the threat of KDB, who was surrounded as soon as he got the ball, but the performances of Dias, Akanji, Rodri, Ake, Bernardo and Stones were outstanding, reducing Bayern to long-range shots as the only threat. Meanwhile, a screamer from Rodri, a goal and assist from Haaland, and a header from Bernardo were three goals that could have easily been five. The second leg awaits but this was an excellent display against a top side.

As a neutral it was a really enjoyable match and what a contrast to most PL games where cheating throughout is now the norm.
I thought the game was played in a really good spirit and the ref did his best to let it flow.
Bayern probably deserved a goal but City could so easily have racked up 4 or 5.
Upamecano had a nightmare 2nd half, routinely giving the ball away, which cost his team big time ironically during a period when Bayern were playing their best football.
Not quite tie over but pretty close.
What a player Nathan Aké has matured into!

As a neutral it was a really enjoyable match

Disappointed to have missed the big CL game last night. Sounds like both teams went for it with Man C proving too strong - they seem to be playing their best football at the most important time of the season.

I haven’t heard much about the fitness of the Chelsea squad but playing the second leg at home, providing they can get out of Madrid with a 1-0 defeat, would be a big advantage. As I said earlier, the CL winners will either be RM or the team that beats them!

Disappointed to have missed the big CL game last night. Sounds like both teams went for it with Man C proving too strong - they seem to be playing their best football at the most important time of the season.

I haven’t heard much about the fitness of the Chelsea squad but playing the second leg at home, providing they can get out of Madrid with a 1-0 defeat, would be a big advantage. As I said earlier, the CL winners will either be RM or the team that beats them!
AFAIK Chelsea have pretty much a fully fit squad.
I'm sure Kanté will start but not so sure about Thiago Silva who, although fit, has been out for a few weeks as has your favourite player Mason Mount.
More important I think will be the formation - I'm hoping we play 3 at the back with James & Chilwell as wing backs but Lampard doesn't seem to generally favour that system.
I'm sure we will have chances to score - not so sure we'll take them.
A 1-0 defeat would definitely give us a chance at the Bridge in the return and I'd take that.

As a neutral it was a really enjoyable match and what a contrast to most PL games where cheating throughout is now the norm.
I thought the game was played in a really good spirit and the ref did his best to let it flow.
Bayern probably deserved a goal but City could so easily have racked up 4 or 5.
Upamecano had a nightmare 2nd half, routinely giving the ball away, which cost his team big time ironically during a period when Bayern were playing their best football.
Not quite tie over but pretty close.
What a player Nathan Aké has matured into!

Ake is brilliant. Dias leadership helps the whole back four, IMO.

Fantastic watch, and a well deserved win to Wrexham, 3-2. One team automatically promoted is such a shame, both teams deserve to go straight up. Wrexham 103 points, and Notts County 100 points, thus far.. great stuff.
A great game, but not good for my nerves or stress levels! 4 to go and 7 points needed to guarantee promotion. I’ve seen it all go wrong before though

Bit worried about Chelsea tonight, hope they can hang in there and maybe squeak a goal.
I year ago to the day Chelsea won at the Bernebau - hope springs eternal.;)

Looking back at that match - a couple of observations :- Alonso really unlucky to be penalised for handball after such a magnificent half volley and how poor was Edouard Mendy for the opening Madrid goal - absolutely rooted to the spot (not to mention gifting Madrid a goal in the 1st leg).
A lot has happened in the ensuing 12 months - none of it positive from a Chelsea point of view.:(

I year ago to the day Chelsea won at the Bernebau - hope springs eternal.;)

Looking back at that match - a couple of observations :- Alonso really unlucky to be penalised for handball after such a magnificent half volley and how poor was Edouard Mendy for the opening Madrid goal - absolutely rooted to the spot (not to mention gifting Madrid a goal in the 1st leg).
A lot has happened in the ensuing 12 months - none of it positive from a Chelsea point of view.:(

Yes it was quite a game. Chelsea have lost Rudigger but gained Enzo - should be a good un.

Chelsea fortunate to be only 1 down at half time.
Started well enough but soon faded - all the 50 50's being won by Madrid and like Bayern last night Chelsea giving the ball away far too easily.
No physical presence up front to hold the ball up - Havertz needs to come on.
If we don't improve the second leg will be academic.

advertisement

Back