advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

I don't understand why Eddie has to take so long to pass the ball, any other team would of taken advantage of our poor play at the back. As for Grealish collecting the ball and then running with it into our 18 yard box and losing it......:eek:

Only a Man C fan (and possibly Chelsea) could find something to moan about in a 7-0 victory.

Meanwhile back on planet earth, good to see three Italian teams in the last eight for the CL although only Napoli look like contenders. Seems a bit odd with no Barcelona or Juventus or French team remaining. My prediction is for Real Madrid or if not then the team that beats them.

Only a Man C fan (and possibly Chelsea) could find something to moan about in a 7-0 victory.

Meanwhile back on planet earth, good to see three Italian teams in the last eight for the CL although only Napoli look like contenders. Seems a bit odd with no Barcelona or Juventus or French team remaining. My prediction is for Real Madrid or if not then the team that beats them.
Yes. The team that beats the other team in the final will definitely win the CL this year.

I’d put money on it.

7-0 is some win, aided by ruthless efficiency from Haaland and a dubious penalty against a Leipzig defender, for a ball barely grazing his arm. The rule is at fault here, despite the application of the rule being correct, by common consensus. Personally, I don't think it was a penalty. Regardless, it was an excellent performance, with John Stones, very effective in the right-back/cm position. I think Stones is a genuinely world-class centre back but I have never liked him in the RB role - I feel that he slows it down too much and is very conservative when moving forward - but he was superb. Lay the chances for Haaland and he will score, and Leipzig were not able to stop the supply in the way that some PL teams have done. KDB was much better than recently; Bernardo and Grealish were excellent, Ake imperious, and Rodri is just Rodri. One player who brings a lot to the side, and has a big effect on others, is Dias. His return is very welcome to the team. Our next match is the FA Cup against Vinnie's Burnley, then we don't play a PL fixture until 1st April.

I watched some of the Liverpool and Real game last night and also some of the Napoli game. The latter look a very dangerous opponent, and Real, Vinicius especially, look in great form. Liverpool, as we know, are not what they were, though are capable of beating anyone on a good day.

Yes. The team that beats the other team in the final will definitely win the CL this year.

I’d put money on it.

Feel free to use your money but please don't use mine as that is not what I said.

I said RM would win it if not then the team that beat them. So should Chelski, for example, draw RM in the last eight and beat them, then I am saying Chelski would go all the way and win the entire competition. Simples.

Feel free to use your money but please don't use mine as that is not what I said.

I said RM would win it if not then the team that beat them. So should Chelski, for example, draw RM in the last eight and beat them, then I am saying Chelski would go all the way and win the entire competition. Simples.
It’s Chelsea btw.

You would think the law of averages would protect City/Chelsea getting drawn against each other on Friday.
If it happens I can't help thinking it would be unique to have been drawn against each other in both domestic cups and Europe as well in the same season?

I have a feeling we’ll be seeing each other in this cup, but not in the next round…

I’m not usually right, so probably best to ignore this message.

I think its important that we remember where the money that bought their success came from so I am going to stay with Chelski- nothing personal.
I completely understand old chap. You do have a reputation for making things up to maintain after all

I don’t have a reputation for hypocrisy

How about a reputation for being argumentative - do you think you might have one of those? Or a reputation for being patronising? Or for constantly pushing your own agenda? Or how about a reputation for trash talking until it all becomes a bit too much for you, taking offence and then running to the mods.

How about a reputation for being argumentative - do you think you might have one of those? Or a reputation for being patronising? Or for constantly pushing your own agenda? Or how about a reputation for trash talking until it all becomes a bit too much for you, taking offence and then running to the mods.
I rather think you have just demonstrated who is responsible for trash talking.

advertisement

Back