advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ole should have been replaced in the summer - United are now paying the price.
It would be nice to hear from some United fans - anyone seen @Kirk lately?;)

Are Man U flogging a dead horse with Solesjar - maybe he has taken them as far as his ability allows and the old school Ferguson-clone ways don't work in today's game. Not that there is loads of good managers free at the moment. Or maybe what we are seeing is the destabilising effects of Ronaldo whose weekly wage is for example 4 times Lingards and more than 25 times Mctommanays.

Felt sorry for Solskjaer in the post match interview, looked like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders.....

Are Man U flogging a dead horse with Solesjar - maybe he has taken them as far as his ability allows and the old school Ferguson-clone ways don't work in today's game. Not that there is loads of good managers free at the moment. Or maybe what we are seeing is the destabilising effects of Ronaldo whose weekly wage is for example 4 times Lingards and more than 25 times Mctommanays.
He's taken them backwards and spent a shed load of money in the process!
Blaming Ronaldo is not logical - they weren't very good before he re-joined and they're not very good now.

Don’t think United will ever get round to mounting a serious challenge until Sir Alex stops being such an influence. Even as a City fan it’s impossible to not acknowledge his achievements. When he’s there at every match, passing judgement like Caesar, it must be nigh on impossible for anyone to come in and stamp their influence on the club.

However Sir Alex, please continue to give Ole more time. Pretty please.
I am not really sure that’s a factor, most clubs welcome back past greats, particularly Liverpool.

Okay Liverpool were poor lets hope they can continue to be as poor going forward. Utd I would agree were woeful and long may that continue.

Poor? Not at all, they were clinical and destroyed a nervous defence, putting away everything. You can only beat what is in front of you and it is obvious that as a team, United are simply not at the level of the best teams. They will get the odd result because of the individuals they have but it won't be as a result of outstanding tactics or strategy.

I am not really sure that’s a factor, most clubs welcome back past greats, particularly Liverpool.

Welcoming back is different to allowing them to have such influence: I cannot see that Ole would be anywhere near the role without the presence of Ferguson.

Antonio Conte would sort United out and have them challenging next season - assuming that he would be allowed to do his job.
Ronaldo & the show pony would be immediate casualties as there would be no room for passengers in Conte's set up.

He's taken them backwards and spent a shed load of money in the process!
Blaming Ronaldo is not logical - they weren't very good before he re-joined and they're not very good now.
There were some promising signs last season such as Carvanis work rate and the improvement in Shaw. With the addition of a top notch centre back in Varrane and apparently the best player in Germany last season in Sancho, then they should have kicked on - instead they looked like a team of individuals - I was merely speculating as the effects of wage inequality in the workplace can be devistating.

Welcoming back is different to allowing them to have such influence: I cannot see that Ole would be anywhere near the role without the presence of Ferguson.
All the managers have been backed, Ole got the job as there were no available alternatives. Ferguson definitely had a say in Moyes but not so sure about the others.

There were some promising signs last season such as Carvanis work rate and the improvement in Shaw. With the addition of a top notch centre back in Varrane and apparently the best player in Germany last season in Sancho, then they should have kicked on - instead they looked like a team of individuals - I was merely speculating as the effects of wage inequality in the workplace can be devistating.

It is a particular kind of star who has the team ethic too. Ronaldo has always been a gesticulator who will routinely sneer at teammates who have let him down. Individually, he is clearly one of the best to have graced the game but he is used to winning.

All the managers have been backed, Ole got the job as there were no available alternatives. Ferguson definitely had a say in Moyes but not so sure about the others.

They really have been backed and now have the highest PL wage bill. For a team of their stature, there are always alternatives and Ole had no track record to speak of.

Bring Steve Bruce in as a defence coach?
All the pundits think he's..."decent".
There won’t be anything from the manure supporting pundits nor their ‘everywhere but Manchester’ supporters about replacing the kid currently in charge with the 1000 match, highly experienced but ill-treated top manager and fan favourite, Steve Bruce.

Apparently he (Rack Kit) was fishing.
Admitting to such is piss-poor, as is having Bob McC "like" one of your football related posts.
Fishing is an excellent way to instantly reduce the credibility of any subsequent posts you might make, which makes it foolish and self-defeating.

Apparently he (Rack Kit) was fishing.
Admitting to such is piss-poor, as is having Bob McC "like" one of your football related posts.
Fishing is an excellent way to instantly reduce the credibility of any subsequent posts you might make, which makes it foolish and self-defeating.

At least he had the awareness that he was fishing. He indulges in the pastime often, hence the 'everyone else is favourites for the title' posts.

I'm welling up here for all those underpaid United superstars.;)

The wages for some PL players are not what you expect eg Calvin Philips on £4500 a week and Declan Rice on £3000 both of whom would be much better in midfield for Man U than Fred and McTomonay. Pogbas on £300k btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back