advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Innocent until proven guilty.. but how long must Manchester City know about these allegations, and yet continued to play him?

City aren’t to blame here, if these things aren’t trumped up then the guy has let everyone down

I disagree. Mendy should have been sent on gardening leave as soon as the club knew about the allegations. Imagine a victim of rape that maybe in the ground, or even a non match going City fan that has been cheering the team on with a potential rapist in their team. I would feel sick to my stomach if it were Chelsea, i believe it to be a very poor piece of judgement by the club, and the suspension should have taken place much earlier, rather than to be allowed to continue playing football.

In the Christiano Ronaldo case it took Las Vegas police nine months to investigate the case during which time he continued to play (football I mean). The result was insufficient evidence to go to trial.

Manchester City set to bid for Cristiano Ronaldo

Are Man C fans excited by the prospect of Ronaldo coming to the Etihad, or more cautious?

At 36 you have to wonder how long he’s got as a top flight player? Is he better than Sterling? Will Grealish be pushed down the pecking order?
I must admit I find it a touch baffling that there was no interest whatsoever in signing Messi a few weeks ago but now it looks like Ronaldo is on his way - I know who I'd want given the choice of the two..
I'm not sure the age thing is that bigger deal - I suspect he's fitter than most 25 year olds.

Manchester City set to bid for Cristiano Ronaldo

Are Man C fans excited by the prospect of Ronaldo coming to the Etihad, or more cautious?

At 36 you have to wonder how long he’s got as a top flight player? Is he better than Sterling? Will Grealish be pushed down the pecking order?

I would prefer him not to sign and go with Jesus, Sterling, Torres and Delap.

I must admit I find it a touch baffling that there was no interest whatsoever in signing Messi a few weeks ago but now it looks like Ronaldo is on his way - I know who I'd want given the choice of the two..
I'm not sure the age thing is that bigger deal - I suspect he's fitter than most 25 year olds.
And his departure will hopefully makes Juventus a little weaker for the CL draw?

Lets be honest his best years were half a decade ago although he obviously keeps himself in better nick than say Razor Ruddock did at the same of his career. Global shirt sales must be the driver behind the deal.

I suspect the closeness of Pep and Messi was a barrier - going back is never really recommended and I also suspect that there is a certain loyalty between the Barcelona staff at City and their former club.

Lets be honest his best years were half a decade ago although he obviously keeps himself in better nick than say Razor Ruddock did at the same of his career. Global shirt sales must be the driver behind the deal.

The driver will be goals and not managing to seal the Kane deal.

I disagree. Mendy should have been sent on gardening leave as soon as the club knew about the allegations. Imagine a victim of rape that maybe in the ground, or even a non match going City fan that has been cheering the team on with a potential rapist in their team. I would feel sick to my stomach if it were Chelsea, i believe it to be a very poor piece of judgement by the club, and the suspension should have taken place much earlier, rather than to be allowed to continue playing football.

Letting Mendy keep playing was punishment enough for City.

I'm 63 and a bit over-weight and am in better shape than Ruddock at that time in his career :D

Ronaldo will be a distraction and will distort the way City play. I hope you get him.
If he was coming into my team, that would be very much my fear. In a team of massive egos, which is just about any team from Sunday League up, he’d put a few noses out of joint. I can imagine Foden for example getting frustrated if Ron was picked ahead of him week after week

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back