advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which would be more insulting; to have 20 goals put past you, or for it to be obvious that the other team could have put 20 past you, but took pity on you, and limited themselves to 10?

I'm no footie fan, but I think if you get to say 5-0 somewhere during the first half, then it is already pretty obvious that the other team could put another 5 or 10 or 15 past you. Humiliation is not sportsmanship IMHO. Personally, if I was manager I'd tell them to stop.

Some draws feel like defeats with two points dropped.

74% possession seemed a typical Potterball game.

But...

Three injuries, going down to 10 men. VAR decision going our way. Terrific goal at the end.

Tonight it was definitely one point gained.

I'm no footie fan, but I think if you get to say 5-0 somewhere during the first half, then it is already pretty obvious that the other team could put another 5 or 10 or 15 past you. Humiliation is not sportsmanship IMHO. Personally, if I was manager I'd tell them to stop.
If you’re playing with your mates and it was one sided, you’d mix the sides up but this is professional sports. It’d be more disrespectful to just pass the ball around and trying not score. The ref can step in too if it’s obvious. Blame the system for not having a pre qualifying event to prevent a farce like this in the first place.

Last edited:

But...

Three injuries, going down to 10 men. VAR decision going our way. Terrific goal at the end.

Some finish that too.

I think Chelsea got out of jail last night.

Regards,

Martin
I can't disagree with that but it makes up for undeservedly dropping 2 points against both United & Burnley recently.
I thought TT was refreshingly honest in his after match interview.
Chelsea need at least one of Jorginho, Kovacic or Kante back for the West Ham game or, for sure, they'll get beaten.

But...

Fair play Brighton were excellent and deserved a share of the spoils - Antonio looks shot, we definitely need striker back up in Jan.
Lanzini should be starting versus Chelsea on Sat with Benrahma being benched imo.

We could do with a striker too. That early miss was more representative of Maupay's form than the goal was.

Shame about Sarmiento, that was his full league debut, only lasted 10 minutes.

I thought Man City were brilliant in the 1st half against Villa last night. It looked like it was going to be a very comfortable win. However, Gerrard sorted them out at half time and they responded with a nice goal straight into the second half. After that, Villa were always in the game and it wasn't comfortable for City. They had to really work at it. Jesus nearly scored a Worldy taking that cross down in the box, but his swivel and shot wasn't near good enough. It would have been some goal, like Silva's.

We could do with a striker too. That early miss was more representative of Maupay's form than the goal was.

Shame about Sarmiento, that was his full league debut, only lasted 10 minutes.
That miss was all about a wayward Benrahma pass, Maupay should've scored I agree - Our player's poor distribution of the ball is so frustrating at times.

I thought Man City were brilliant in the 1st half against Villa last night. It looked like it was going to be a very comfortable win. However, Gerrard sorted them out at half time and they responded with a nice goal straight into the second half. After that, Villa were always in the game and it wasn't comfortable for City. They had to really work at it. Jesus nearly scored a Worldy taking that cross down in the box, but his swivel and shot wasn't near good enough. It would have been some goal, like Silva's.

If Jesus had put that away, we’d be talking about one of the goals of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back