advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa are unbeaten so far, stranger things have happened and I read somewhere that whoever is top after >50% games played this season will be awarded it if it's curtailed through this pandemic

Liverpool were utterly abysmal. No fight and picked apart with ease. Only Salah escapes criticism. Garbage from front to back.

The break arrives at a good time. Too bad LFC decided to start a day early. o_O

Congrats to Aston Villa - by far the better team on the day!

Can you imagine the stick he would have got if he had... Taylor should be ashamed of himself when he watches that on the telly tonight. Lamela won't be ashamed though, it's in his blood to do that. He'll sleep well tonight. The worst thing for me is the state of the Premiership and how cheating in this league has gone to another level. It just makes me want to switch off. VAR was supposed to fix this kind of thing. Personally, if Lamela hadn't gone down I would have had a word with them both but not even given a card.
They should’ve both been shown a red.

Liverpool looked lethargic - maybe it's not only Mane & Thiago who've been affected by the virus? Just saying...

I know Liverpool had a few players out but I can't help but think that this result was down to a bit of complacency setting in.
Last to play and safe in the knowledge that their only realistic challenger had dropped another two points so lets just turn up at Villa grab the points and go into the international break back at the top of the league.
Unfortunately Villa didn't read the script and played some excellent stuff coupled with a bit of good fortune at the right time.
It just shows that in the PL if you're slghtly off it anything can happen.
I expect Liverpool to bounce back on Saturday week with a win at Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back