advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done Leeds but it's a sad indictment of the Premier League this season that the prospective champions are so utterly mediocre. I recall Bob last season suggesting that the title winners should have an asterisk next to their name. Not sure how this season's winners should be annotated in the history books. Clown emoji possibly?

Very good.

I think that's a little harsh. I only watched the 2nd half, but it did appear that Man City were trying to walk the ball in against Leeds today. Leeds did well to defend their final 3rd and look for the counter-attack. Man City really struggled to open them up at times. Yes, they had lots of possession, but they seemed a little unbalanced at times without Foden, KDB, Gundogan starting. I think they are missing a cutting edge striker too and it will be interesting to see if Aguero is replaced in any form in the summer.
Perfectly summed up.

^
Leeds fan here, watched every second of it.ha ha ha. Unbalanced my arse , probably had a better bench than leeds 1st team
Leeds are really well coached. Not many teams can cope with our attack with their main defender missing. Leeds are one of the few teams I’ll watch bar City. Bielsa has transformed the place and I was glad to see Leeds back in the Premier League again.

Congrats on the win.

Btw, the Amazon documentary on Leeds is well worth a watch whether you’re a fan of them or not.

Leeds is a good city, the Mrs went to uni there so had a few good nights out.

It’s no Manchester but it ain’t bad.

Nice to hear an intelligent reply from a football fan it does make a proper change. You'd best go on to win it now, beat them other ****ers from across town

A bench that was being saved for a match that matters. But well played Leeds.

Yes Pep reckoned they could see off Leeds without using his best team. Somehow we managed to win a game playing like Sheffield United with everybody behind the ball.

You could say Leeds have over achieved with this squad and Pep is performing adequately considered the riches at his disposal.

City are a joy to watch and another day Leeds might have been on the end of a 6-1 hammering even with Pep's second team. Leeds need at least 5 high quality players to even compete at the same level as Leicester over the course of a season.

But nirvana for me in that they have successfully managed to stay up and entertain everybody at the same time. Got to love Bielsa and what he has wrung out of these players.

Sounds like Lineker et al on MOTD have had enough of the offside interpretation of VAR, both Wolves and LFC were deprived of good goals for heavens knows what with the superimposed lines - I’ve lost count of the number of times this season it’s been questioned, especially for my team though they have been pretty ordinary since the turn of the year

Sounds like Lineker et al on MOTD have had enough of the offside interpretation of VAR, both Wolves and LFC were deprived of good goals for heavens knows what with the superimposed lines - I’ve lost count of the number of times this season it’s been questioned, especially for my team though they have been pretty ordinary since the turn of the year

It's only a game :D. But I agree they need to change the law to maybe something like 100% or at least 50% of body is ahead of the last player to be offside. The Var margins are ridiculous. Leeds have lost a lot of great goals this year to Var. One happened when Bamford pointed at where he wanted the ball to go

The problem isn’t with VAR, only how it’s used. It is now being used to make a decision, rather than correct a clear and obvious error. If it was used to correct clear and obvious errors, it would work just fine. In the example of the Liverpool goal, the Ref’s Assistant did not give the offside, the error was not clear and obvious, so the Ref’s Assistant’s decision should stand and a goal given. If on the other hand the RA did flag for offside, and VAR could not detect a clear and obvious error, RA’s decision would stand, and no goal.

We would have to go back to the Ref’s Assistant raising their flag at the time of the infringement rather than waiting, but that’s a small and very doable thing

Yes, and the clearly obvious error with the disallowed goal from Dortmund on Wednesday was nt overturned, lol. Scratch head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back