advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep, every chance of making the final I think, more than I can say for us and our inconsistencies I'm afraid. This season end can't come soon enough for us Reds
Chelsea have the best chance out of the remaining English clubs. I just can't see us stopping Dortmund from scoring in the 2nd leg.

Chelsea have the best chance out of the remaining English clubs. I just can't see us stopping Dortmund from scoring in the 2nd leg.

I think we will get past Dortmund as I don't think they will keep us out.
Had Foden worn his shooting boots as he normally does, we would have won comfortably.

It was ‘ok’ at best. ;)

ok? OK? O bloody K!

giphy.gif

Not so sure. Chelsea have a certain fragility that the more established teams will exploit. Though I pity any team if Werner ever finds his scoring boots

It’s odd seeing him miss chances that he probably puts away in training for fun. Ian Wright says he used to just hit balls into an empty goal just to remember what it feels like to build his confidence back up when he was going through a lean spell. It’s all mind games as all these players have the ability to put the ball exactly where they want without thinking about it. He’s obviously thinking about it too much when gets the chances.

It’s that old one of, ‘he just needs one to go in off his backside/shin anywhere’ to unlock what he’s been doing since he was a kid.

It’s odd seeing him miss chances that he probably puts away in training for fun. Ian Wright says he used to just hit balls into an empty goal just to remember what it feels like to build his confidence back up when he was going through a lean spell. It’s all mind games as all these players have the ability to put the ball exactly where they want without thinking about it. He’s obviously thinking about it too much when gets the chances.

It’s that old one of, ‘he just needs one to go in off his backside/shin anywhere’ to unlock what he’s been doing since he was a kid.
Yes, but I also think we underestimate the effect of Covid. My son landed himself a dream job in Manchester during Covid, but he’s deeply unhappy being in a strange city that’s essentially closed and working from home and not meeting anyone. That feeling must be multiplied if you move to a foreign country, and just from a football perspective, not being able to build relationships off the pitch must make developing the necessary understandings on it twice as hard

Ah, yes. I’d forgot about him moving at that time and the effect it must be having on his mental state. There’s definitely a very good player in there.

When Manchester reopens I’m sure you lad will love the place. It’s a great City. No doubt he’ll become a City fan too now it’s his home. ;)

When Manchester reopens I’m sure you lad will love the place.

Many thanks, and yes, I’m sure he’ll be fine, he’s a bright lad and coping, but mid 20’s and itching to have the sort of fun I’d disapprove of.

I went up to see him last week and we went for a walk by the canals. It was all developed and expensive looking until we crossed a canal bridge and everything changed into undeveloped and not expensive looking within a few paces, quite weird. Buying one of the run down terraced houses on the yet to be developed side looked like a sound investment, but I guess they’ve already been bought up.

Many thanks, and yes, I’m sure he’ll be fine, he’s a bright lad and coping, but mid 20’s and itching to have the sort of fun I’d disapprove of.

I went up to see him last week and we went for a walk by the canals. It was all developed and expensive looking until we crossed a canal bridge and everything changed into undeveloped and not expensive looking within a few paces, quite weird. Buying one of the run down terraced houses on the yet to be developed side looked like a sound investment, but I guess they’ve already been bought up.

I’d tell him to steer clear of the city centre canal network. Many are convinced there’s a serial killer operating there.

https://propermanchester.com/feature/is-manchesters-canal-pusher-real/

Well done Leeds but it's a sad indictment of the Premier League this season that the prospective champions are so utterly mediocre. I recall Bob last season suggesting that the title winners should have an asterisk next to their name. Not sure how this season's winners should be annotated in the history books. Clown emoji possibly?

Well done Leeds but it's a sad indictment of the Premier League this season that the prospective champions are so utterly mediocre. I recall Bob last season suggesting that the title winners should have an asterisk next to their name. Not sure how this season's winners should be annotated in the history books. Clown emoji possibly?

I think that's a little harsh. I only watched the 2nd half, but it did appear that Man City were trying to walk the ball in against Leeds today. Leeds did well to defend their final 3rd and look for the counter-attack. Man City really struggled to open them up at times. Yes, they had lots of possession, but they seemed a little unbalanced at times without Foden, KDB, Gundogan starting. I think they are missing a cutting edge striker too and it will be interesting to see if Aguero is replaced in any form in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back