advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season II

Quite the finish at Anfield I understand.
:D
Too many squandered chances from the Reds.
Don't know why Willock doesn't start ahead of Shelvey. Maybe Arsenal are charging us by the minute.

Quite the finish at Anfield I understand.
:D
Too many squandered chances from the Reds.
Don't know why Willock doesn't start ahead of Shelvey. Maybe Arsenal are charging us by the minute.

I didn't see the game, but it sounds like we rode our luck. We would have taken 1-1 before kick-off, so that's another point towards safety.

Newcastle have apparently been quoted £20m for Willock. However, even if Ashley was willing to pay that, why would he come to Newcastle to come off the bench? A young player like him needs starts and minutes on the pitch to develop.

Not dead according to Perez

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...annot-leave-as-manchester-united-fans-protest

What I find baffling with this, is that fans of some of these clubs were only too welcoming to dodgy new owners because of the size of their wallet, regardless of how they came about their wealth. Patrick Bamford made a good point, it took only a matter of days to kill this thing before it even got off the ground when the FA and UEFA kicked up a stink - along with the fans' reaction - yet stamping out racism doesn't get the same sort of attention or action. Funny that.

I see the anti Glazer green and yellow scarves are back.
As sold in the official merchandise shop at the ground.
Oh the irony.

This isn't finished yet. I'm expecting a ban for next season from the CL and EL for the teams in the PL as the minimum

As for binding contracts, the only winner from it going down that route will be lawyers.

It will if they try carrying out any of the hysterical media driven punitive action.
Five live is an utter joke with no marks like Jenas and Sutton trying to out do each other with degrees of punishment.
Removal of representation on any premier league committees and David Gill chucked off UEFA is about all that should happen along with abandoning the proposed chumps league changes.

I see the anti Glazer green and yellow scarves are back.
As sold in the official merchandise shop at the ground.
Oh the irony.

In a way, that just about sums up the state of football in England. A fan is cheesed off with the club so he buys a green and yellow scarf and put money in the coffers of....

I think we need to find a way of punishing the owners of the 6 without punishing the club itself or the fans. I just can’t work out what that could be.

In a way, that just about sums up the state of football in England. A fan is cheesed off with the club so he buys a green and yellow scarf and put money in the coffers of....

I think we need to find a way of punishing the owners of the 6 without punishing the club itself or the fans. I just can’t work out what that could be.
Difficult to see how this can be done without hurting the supporters, perhaps make them pay to get into the ground say £250,000 to watch a game.

I’ve already suggested removal of representatives of the 6 from all positions of authority in PL, FA and UEFA committees.

That was crap. Be glad to see the back of Sheffield United only 2 points from 12 against them despite out playing them in all four games.

Phew!! Sounded like we were all over them and deserved it.

Still don't understand why other 'big' clubs don't take this cup seriously - a trophy is a trophy.

C'mon City!

advertisement

Back