advertisement

All purpose Championship football thread

Pils for me.

We are never going to get through the playoffs. There is some rot in there that Farke has failed to cut out.
Yet when I've watched your lot, over the season, they look well capable. Just glitches then?

Feel a bit sorry for Birmingham fans. The owners own that. The irony is that Eustace saved Blackburn of course...
I feel sorry for them too. The owners made a massive error with Rooney but hopefully they’ve brought some stability now. The club was being run into the ground by the previous owners.

After years of struggle hopefully the fans will be able to enjoy next season flying high in league 1.

Cheers BB

I feel sorry for them too. The owners made a massive error with Rooney but hopefully they’ve brought some stability now. The club was being run into the ground by the previous owners.

After years of struggle hopefully the fans will be able to enjoy next season flying high in league 1.

Cheers BB
Thanks BB, you know your stuff👍

I think Birmingham should stick with Rowett if Mobray does not recover. Rowett knows how to get the best out of players. This should just be a blip for Brum.

Birmingham's owners are idiots who got what they deserved. Signing Laird, Roberts and Dozzell was terrific work, not one QPR fan who isn't happy with that.

I feel a bit sorry for Birmingham, rare to go down with 50 points. I think we will probably struggle a bit in League 1 unless the owner shows some proper ambition. I really don’t understand how some clubs seem to splash the cash & we always stick to ‘the rules’.

As ever football is about hitting form at the right time, we’ve been awful when we just needed some competence.

It will probably be either Leeds or Southampton who go up. Ipswich have been incredible & their fans have been long suffering.

Great result for Ipswich and McKenna. Looking forward to seeing them in the PL. Will Ferrell to rescue for Leeds.

I feel a bit sorry for Birmingham, rare to go down with 50 points. I think we will probably struggle a bit in League 1 unless the owner shows some proper ambition. I really don’t understand how some clubs seem to splash the cash & we always stick to ‘the rules’.

As ever football is about hitting form at the right time, we’ve been awful when we just needed some competence.

It will probably be either Leeds or Southampton who go up. Ipswich have been incredible & their fans have been long suffering.
Don't feel too sorry......

Oh, the wheel of karma did turn!

I can’t believe Hull City have sacked Liam Rosenior, one of the brightest young managers out there. Nothing against Hull City fans but I hope this comes back to bite the owner at Hull. Rosenior won’t be out of work for long.

Cheers BB
Madness. Get yourself down to Plymouth Liam!

I can’t believe Hull City have sacked Liam Rosenior, one of the brightest young managers out there. Nothing against Hull City fans but I hope this comes back to bite the owner at Hull. Rosenior won’t be out of work for long.

Cheers BB
Crazy, crazy, crazy. What were Hull thinking ?

I hope he gets another job soon. To my mind, he’s a talented guy and too good to be out of work.

Cheers BB
Well I think they expected promotion & had a big budget. Football is a brutal business.

Well I think they expected promotion & had a big budget. Football is a brutal business.
Nobody has a bigger budget than the teams who come down. I understand the disappointment (I’m a Boro fan, we’ve had plenty) but who are they going to replace him with? They were 21st when he took over, they finished 7th. It’s obvious he has talent as a manager and his team plays an attractive style of football. I don’t understand what some of these owners expect. We can see it as punters. I know it’s their money ultimately and they can do as they please. If I was a betting man I reckon Liam Rosenior will spend longer in the Premier League as a manager than Hull City will as a team.

Cheers BB

Nobody has a bigger budget than the teams who come down. I understand the disappointment (I’m a Boro fan, we’ve had plenty) but who are they going to replace him with? They were 21st when he took over, they finished 7th. It’s obvious he has talent as a manager and his team plays an attractive style of football. I don’t understand what some of these owners expect. We can see it as punters. I know it’s their money ultimately and they can do as they please. If I was a betting man I reckon Liam Rosenior will spend longer in the Premier League as a manager than Hull City will as a team.

Cheers BB
Only 3 teams come down, what about all the other teams. Our budget was the 2nd smallest & it’s why we went down along with chronic mismanagement.

Not defending the decision but it’s how owners/investors think.

I’d actually be quite surprised if he ended up in the EPL for any length of time, obviously there will be other factors at work also.

They'll have a job on their hands to find 2 minutes of highlights from the Norwich-Leeds game! These games are always cagey by their very nature, but there's a real lack of quality in the final 3rd from both sides. Too much boing, boing stuff from the pair of them but especially Leeds. Quite a dirty game too.

advertisement

Back