advertisement

All purpose Championship football thread

Totally OT but Rangers have had a massive slip up today in Scotland. Points on the board create so much pressure for the other teams. The final Old Firm game will be even bigger now.

Cheers BB

Just about recovered from the nice surprise of the lions winning two consecutive matches. We have probably done enough to survive.

Pleased for Rowett that Brum won yesterday (sorry Gav). Here’s hoping that Cov smash Man U next Sunday.

Just about recovered from the nice surprise of the lions winning two consecutive matches. We have probably done enough to survive.

Pleased for Rowett that Brum won yesterday (sorry Gav). Here’s hoping that Cov smash Man U next Sunday.
In hindsight should have got Rowett in as soon as Mowbray went on leave. Mark Venus has no track record as a manager. The owners have ambition but seemingly no knowledge.

Cheers BB

In hindsight should have got Rowett in as soon as Mowbray went on leave. Mark Venus has no track record as a manager. The owners have ambition but seemingly no knowledge.

Cheers BB
They're possibly insuring themselves now in case TM is unable to return. Sounds a bit bad...

Just been announced that replays in the FA Cup are scrapped from Round 1 onwards. Another kick in the balls for the lower tiers of football.

Cheers BB

Just been announced that replays in the FA Cup are scrapped from Round 1 onwards. Another kick in the balls for the lower tiers of football.

Cheers BB
Is it a kick in the balls for a league 2 team chasing promotion or avoiding relegation, though? Seems to me noone with league pressure wants replays as it just gets in the waynof other more pressing matters.

Is it a kick in the balls for a league 2 team chasing promotion or avoiding relegation, though? Seems to me noone with league pressure wants replays as it just gets in the waynof other more pressing matters.
A league 2 team would have to be a long way into the FA Cup for a replay to clash with a promotion push. I expect they’d welcome the cash too, especially if they were playing a big team.

Cheers BB

I actually think that no replays is a good idea. If non-league Rovers get drawn against Man U and the tie is all-square after 90 minutes then go straight to penalties. The extra time is going to give an advantage to fitter players from a higher league. Part of the joy of FA cup football is the giant killing.

I actually think that no replays is a good idea. If non-league Rovers get drawn against Man U and the tie is all-square after 90 minutes then go straight to penalties. The extra time is going to give an advantage to fitter players from a higher league. Part of the joy of FA cup football is the giant killing.
I’m sure the owners of Rovers would prefer a televised replay at Old Trafford, it would probably guarantee Rovers existence for a few years. It would also be like the Cup Final for their fans and players.

Cheers BB

I've seen numerous clubs - including Argyle - express their dismay with official press releases. I'm hoping that other clubs weigh in and get behind the push to leave the FA Cup alone. This is all to favour the clubs within the PL that are making more money in European competition - nearly the top half.

Where will it all end? Not to the benefit of Harrogate Town (for example).

I’m sure the owners of Rovers would prefer a televised replay at Old Trafford, it would probably guarantee Rovers existence for a few years. It would also be like the Cup Final for their fans and players.

Cheers BB
Fair point. That’s what happens when I post something without considering the consequences !

Birmingham City 0-0 today.

For the last many years, we have been in a relgation battle, so I'm used to the drama.
The players are getting the blame for their lack of consistencies.
Me, I blame the owners for sacking Eustace,(we were 6th at the time) then getting Shrek in(Cookes mate), who undid all the work the players had learnt. Mowbray was a good choice, but the poor bloke is really not well. After that we have to play catch up, and we struggle.
If this debacle means we go down, I dont care, I dont want pseudo Premiershit football anyway.

Just a thought, and thanks for listening :D 👍

Birmingham City 0-0 today.

For the last many years, we have been in a relgation battle, so I'm used to the drama.
The players are getting the blame for their lack of consistencies.
Me, I blame the owners for sacking Eustace,(we were 6th at the time) then getting Shrek in(Cookes mate), who undid all the work the players had learnt. Mowbray was a good choice, but the poor bloke is really not well. After that we have to play catch up, and we struggle.
If this debacle means we go down, I dont care, I dont want pseudo Premiershit football anyway.

Just a thought, and thanks for listening :D 👍
I wanted Brum to drop when they appointed Shrek. A football club should be run professionally; not on the hope of a “celebrity manager” being able to get results.

Agree that Mowbray was a sensible appointment and I hope he makes a full recovery. I’m also a big fan of (and grateful to) Rowett. So I hope Brum survive and look forward to them playing the Lions next season.

If Birmingham are relegated, it's down to Rooney for putting them so far down the table.

It shows that footballers, sometimes don't make great managers (Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard specifically).

No VAR needed to see Leeds third goal was offside, we gifted them the first two. We really missed Ayling at right back, got to be a priority in the summer, although I don’t see it being Ayling, he doesn’t fit the profile.

Cheers BB

advertisement

Back