advertisement

All purpose Championship football thread

I think Leeds hold the record for the most yellows in a PL season, 101, while we hold the record for the fewest, 12 ;)

The last few years as a Town supporter have been pretty grim but definitely had some good days out at the play offs.

Millwall & Birmingham seem a complete mess but never underestimate the world class ability of Huddersfield to rain down absolute misery.

Fans of established EPL teams don’t know they are born.

A handball goal, a bizarre missed pen after the ref had hurried Haji Wright along (what rule is that?) and a very tired performance, with only one change from Leeds, against Southampton. Norwich dropped points luckily. A draw for them against Preston on Saturday would be ideal if we can beat Birmingham in the local derby. This is where the thin squad really tells.

A handball goal, a bizarre missed pen after the ref had hurried Haji Wright along (what rule is that?) and a very tired performance, with only one change from Leeds, against Southampton. Norwich dropped points luckily. A draw for them against Preston on Saturday would be ideal if we can beat Birmingham in the local derby. This is where the thin squad really tells.
Just about everything went Boro's way last night, we have a huge game tonight against Hull City tonight.

Cheers BB

Just about everything went Boro's way last night, we have a huge game tonight against Hull City tonight.
I think we've a game in hand from the Cup game. That's against Hull too after ManU. Then we'll have another rearranged game post Manu...

I think we've a game in hand from the Cup game. That's against Hull too after ManU. Then we'll have another rearranged game post Manu...
It's great you'e got the cup match, especially financially, but promotion wise you could probably do without it. I don't like the play offs in principle but they don't half keep the season interesting for lots of clubs.

Cheers BB

The owner wanted a cup run, whereas Robins has normally played the reserves given the small squad. I think a playoff push is looking doubtful although Norwich must face similar pressures. We actually have fewer players registered than last season albeit that only one is a loanee this year!

Just about recovered from the shock of beating Leicester last night. A superb goal. I was so surprised that I just sat in silence. Up to that point we were an embarrassment; nobody would have said that we deserved to be in the same division as Leicester. The goal knocked the wind out of the visitor’ sails and we took advantage.

I still think that the midlanders will finish in the top two. I just hope that the tractor boys are with them. In my opinion, Ipswich have been the most entertaining team in the league.

Just about recovered from the shock of beating Leicester last night. A superb goal. I was so surprised that I just sat in silence. Up to that point we were an embarrassment; nobody would have said that we deserved to be in the same division as Leicester. The goal knocked the wind out of the visitor’ sails and we took advantage.

I still think that the midlanders will finish in the top two. I just hope that the tractor boys are with them. In my opinion, Ipswich have been the most entertaining team in the league.
Obvious hatred for the mighty whites!

Yeah, but he gave you a freebie penalty; you can’t blame the ref for your guy failing to put it away.
My point was that we played Leeds at the weekend and the ref had played for Leeds as a kid and then Southampton and the ref is from IoW. They really need to be perceived to be fair by all. That's not on.

Our slim hopes slipped away tonight, as did Hull’s. Oh well, 6 points from Sunderland to look forward to again.

Cheers BB
It's all very tight. Norwich will tire, they have Preston away on Saturday. We're tiring and also carrying a couple of niggles to key players. It's not over yet

It's all very tight. Norwich will tire, they have Preston away on Saturday. We're tiring and also carrying a couple of niggles to key players. It's not over yet
We have Ipswich away on Saturday and still have Leeds to play. Although there’s a degree of panic amongst Leeds fans.

Cheers BB

advertisement

Back