advertisement

Air

richardg

Admonishtrator
Just revisiting the late 90s early noughties electronic /ambient stuff that I always liked.

Any fans here? I have Moon safari and Talkie Walkie but know nothing about the rest. Some of the albums seem quite poor but so far The Virgin Suicides is coming in as a pretty good third best.

I was not really in touch back then living in Thailand. Did I miss any less well-known other acts?

Moon Safari is the high water mark by a mile, a superb album, though well worth having Premiers Symtomes and Virgin Suicides too. It is well worth considering Charlotte Gainsbourg’s 5:55 to be an Air album too. It may well be the next best after the ones I mention.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Saw them play live about 10 years ago and they were great. Some of it may come across a bit wishy-washy on album but in concert it really rocked.

10 000 hz is a real grower, hang in there and don’t write off any of the tracks, gets better and better the more plays you do, a brilliant album.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Saw them play live about 10 years ago and they were great. Some of it may come across a bit wishy-washy on album but in concert it really rocked.

Yes, we saw them a couple of times and the slighter, quieter tracks do get a nice ‘beefing up’ live.

Mick

Just got a copy of Moon Safari in the local charity shop, I already own it but a 2nd copy in the car will be handy.

I have Moon Safari and the Virgin Suicides.

Moon Safari is a great album but for a while 'La femme d'argent' was on every TV programme being made and put me off it for a long time - it's probably due a replay.

This is worth getting too:

Last edited by a moderator:
10,000 hz for me is the high point. The remix album Everybody Hertz is worth tracking down too. they got some bad press for the album at the time and seems they went back to the more sugary moon safari stuff, shame.

10,000 hz is some of the best vinyl i own too, one i always use to test out new bits of kit.

advertisement

Back