advertisement

Air

Just Moon Safari & Talkie Walkie in my collection. Love them both but the latter has had more plays over the years.

Nicolas Godin released his solo album Contrepoint last year which is well worth a listen.

Woah and wow! Listening now...completely up my street this one. You can't beat a bit of classical / orchestral in your pop.

Excellent stuff. Thanks!

I quite like their last one - Le Voyage Dans La Lune, though it must be said I also like Georges Melies for whose 1912 film this is the soundtrack. Combines the best elements of a soundtrack for a silent movie -using music to convey emotions or atmospheres - with the trip-hopish elements of their earlier work.

As an accompaniment to a silent movie, probably only Cinematic Orchestra's Man with a Movie camera comes close. Moroder's Metropolis was an abomination and Glass' Nosferatu nowhere near scary enough.

regards,

Giles

Got most of Air on vinyl.

Order of best albums:
Moon safari
virgin suicides ost
10000 hz legend
talkie walkie
love 2
pocket symphony
premier symptomes
le voyage dans le lune

Great vinyl covers and 10000 hz legend really tests the speakers.

just going through their albums - amazing (upto walkie talkie now) - tho, was a couple of duff tracks on 10k Hz legend...

also received the 5.55 album...will play that last.. :)

kina continuing where i left off last night (but got side tracked by the falls - bend sinister) and got air love 2 and forgot how good it was :)

Can’t add much to whats been said here. Moon safari excellent, talkie Walkie and 10,000hz also decent and 5:55 is pretty close to an authentic air album.

If you like air, check out Zero 7. Simple
Things is an excellent air-like album.

I notice that the five albums were remastered and released on 180g vinyl by Parlophone back in 2015. I'd be interested in picking these up - can anyone let me know what the sound quality is like?

Yes have to agree Moon Safari is their best, Talkie Walkie, 10,000Hz and Premier Symptomes are regularly played at home too. Mrs BB always asks for them as background music for dinner parties too.

Cheers BB

Loved their 1st long players, and have long toyed with the idea of getting it on LP.

Not a thread hijack as such, but I also strangely think of Zero 7 at the same time as Air. I’ve no idea why.

advertisement

Back