advertisement

Air Fryer

Maris probably best for chips, A bit against the whole airfry thing but put them chipped into cold water then bring to just boil then drain and put onto a dry tea towel.

Ideally refrigerate over night then spray with oil and airfry.
we soak for 30 mins, then drain, bring to the boil, cool and pat dry. Toss in a tblsp of rape seed oil, then air fry for 21 mins at 210.......ymmv

I've just had a new kitchen fitted. I look at the new double oven, all sleek and black and think 'I'm never going to use you'
Thinking of upgrading my air frier.

They are! We have a size 12 mincer mostly for dog food, but I run sausages through it once in a while, we have not bought shop ones for a couple of years now. 3 joints of aldi pork shoulder, bacon, seasoning, bit of rusk from amazon and thats about it, into hog skins. Works out at around 2 3rds the price of premium sausages, plus I know whats in them.

a7j565.jpeg

These were nice, Not my idea but a take on curried 'chip shop' sausage, had this in a aldi sub roll with a metric tonne of fried onion and mustard. Damn fine.

m9pm6w.JPG

Ninja 11 in 1 deal on tonight’s MSE email for £164.
£135 off RRP.

I’ve had one two years.
It’s the dogs danglies.

I've just had a new kitchen fitted. I look at the new double oven, all sleek and black and think 'I'm never going to use you'
Thinking of upgrading my air frier.
Pretty sure there are air fyer fitted ovens now. But I bet the leccy on those will be insane

We have one of these two basket Ninja's.
We quite enjoy having the dual baskets after killing a couple of Phillips single basket models over the years. Those were also good units, but alas, could not survive teen age boys.
DZ201C_03

It is a rare day that it does not get used at least once.
It does some things a good bit better than the traditional oven, but there are other things you just can't do. Big oven still gets some use, but nowhere near as much. This past weekend we I did up a dutch oven full of slow braised beef short ribs and on the top shelf was a sheet pan with roast potatoes and roast carrots.

Use each to their strengths.

We weren't keen on an air fryer, but a cheap Ninja one appeared on Amazon. One of the most useful features is the dehydrate function. We have gluts of oyster mushrooms, & it makes a splendid job of drying these out.

I still live in the dark ages, i've never owned a microwave, let alone an air fryer. The one gadget I have is a bread maker, which is one of those things that turns a boring task (making dough) into something that is basically effortless. My kitchen is however not really designed with the expectation that i'll have gadgets on the worktop, so what do you people do, do you have an air fryer on the worktop or does it go in a cupboard when you aren't using it?

I still live in the dark ages, i've never owned a microwave, let alone an air fryer. The one gadget I have is a bread maker, which is one of those things that turns a boring task (making dough) into something that is basically effortless. My kitchen is however not really designed with the expectation that i'll have gadgets on the worktop, so what do you people do, do you have an air fryer on the worktop or does it go in a cupboard when you aren't using it?
I have a side room that you might call a utility room if you were an estate agent. All the junk goes in there on the worktop and I shut the door.

Air fryer, croissants, 4 minutes... perfect, far better than heating up a whole fan oven for four croissants.

Pretty sure there are air fyer fitted ovens now. But I bet the leccy on those will be insane
Why? It's just a small oven with a radiant heater. The oven manufacturers are indeed going to be all over it, because they too will be seeing people not bothering with their big cookers and getting an air fryer instead.

Why? It's just a small oven with a radiant heater. The oven manufacturers are indeed going to be all over it, because they too will be seeing people not bothering with their big cookers and getting an air fryer instead.
Because a built in is a way bigger area to get that hot that quick

Yeah we have a bit of a space problem i.e. not enough worktop. We plonked the air fryer next to the microwave as that was the only place it could go and have access to a socket but it's not ideal and we're now also short on sockets! The bread machine just squeezes into a cupboard when not being used and the slow cooker lives on top of the fridge freezer. It's all a bit of a jumble!

We bought our air fryer just after Christmas as I had a voucher from work. It's a fairly cheap Cosori jobby (~£70) but we have used it quite a lot and generally found it a useful thing, so much so that we might 'upgrade' to something better at some point.

what brand air fryer had a spit? We did a roast guinea fowl in ours turned out more moist than the oven. But we still prefer pot roast guinea fowl. or confit the legs and pan fry the breasts with morels and marsala wine

It's a "Tower 5 in 1 Digital Air Fryer Oven", obvs trying to get plenty of key words in the name.

Only 10" wide so the Christmas turkey won't fit in there.

A poussin could be ideal for a trial run.

advertisement

Back