advertisement

Aftermarket Power Cord Recommendation for Naim\Pardo

What SR promotes in fact is not that their fuses are different vs basic from scratch but that their proprietary process including putting them under 1mln volts makes difference. Well, only listening can judge as usual.

No, and I haven't gone to Nigeria to prove that the prince with millions of dollars isn't really a prince and hasn't got millions of dollars either, or the Moon to check that it's not made of cheese.
There's no science that makes a directional fuse. Anyone who tells you otherwise is deluding you. If you want to believe that there is and your $200 fuse makes your system sound better, be my guest. I'll file it alongside the £50 a pot face cream that 76% of 91 women thought made their skin look younger. Wishful thinking is a powerful thing.

For your guidance, Synergistic Research makes a Master Fuseas well. At $600.00
you only need one or two depending on your system. Most folks use them in there DAC. Having the Naim nDAC two would be optimal, one in the nDAC and one in which ever power supply you've chosen.

There is also a new Pink fuse but I don't have any Intel as to its performance.

Still sound different.. dunno why or care tbh
Great. Well, if it works for you, it works for you. In that, it's very much like the rejuvenating face cream. If you think it works and makes you more beautiful, then it's worth what you're prepared to pay for it.

For your guidance, Synergistic Research makes a Master Fuseas well. At $600.00
you only need one or two depending on your system. Most folks use them in there DAC. Having the Naim nDAC two would be optimal, one in the nDAC and one in which ever power supply you've chosen.

There is also a new Pink fuse but I don't have any Intel as to its performance.
How many have you sold?

A fuse is just a very low ohmic resistor. There is no electrical property that you can measure as being different from one side of it to the other that can possibly have a measurable effect after the last cap on the other side of the main psu.

They don't magically align or polish electrons.
I've heard both the Orange and Purple and they sound quite different. Both are quite good. In my system, the orange portrayed a holographic soundstage with an emphasis on the midrange. The Purple has more bass slam and extended high frequencies.

Wow, one does more bass and treble, the other does more midrange as well as affecting the soundstage, that's truly amazing.

I'll wait until thry do one that turns an oompah band into a concert orchestra...

Which boutique fuse was it that we were recently discussing on here that turned out to be a Bussman item with a coat of paint?
The advocates who heard a difference with it still believed so when this had been demonstrated. Must be some good paint.
The Purple fuse has a purple SR jacket on it. I've removed the jacket in an attempt to see the inside of the fuse but it appears to be made of ceramic, not clear. There is a black spot on the fuse indicating the EUF compound. Purple Fuse is one of Synergistic Research's latest flagship fuse, surpassing the performance of the remarkable Orange fuses thanks to a new, three-stage conditioning process and a new premium graphene UEF compound to reduce the noise floor further than has ever been possible for Synergistic Research fuses.

Do you really think fuses can be bespoke components? No. The real manufacturers make them by millions of units and they cost next to nothing. Where I get them they cost € 1 for a box of ten and they are still profitable, for heaven’s sake.
Seriously, don’t be so gullible, the hi-fi fuse is a scam, period.
Oh, and by the way, there are now minuscule SMC fuses in many devices (those are a pain to replace, I hate them).
I've tried one or two, no difference, I don't use them because standard ones give the same performance.
Performance? You mean functionality perhaps ☺️

It’s just a hobby and we choose where we want to spend our money so let’s stop the squabbling..
You’re probably right. Everyone is free to spend their money the way they like. Even at the detriment of their families sometimes I’m afraid. The divorce rate must be pretty high among hi-fi nuts. I’ve heard so many sad stories.
I chose my camp (the skeptics) long ago. But my opinion is set on science, not psychology or make-believe.
Whatever.

Do you understand that EM energy travels at the speed of light? It doesn‘t matter at all how many miles of cable are before… The last meter closes the circuit of your particular system and exactly the one that interacts with a power supply of the device.
What about the cable inside the box, and the PCB tracks, surely they have an impact too according to your thoughts? I would worry about those more.

Exactly by just plugging in the cable and listen, what simpler physical experiment is there? Or you mean a publication in Nature?
But it is not that simple as many psychological tests will tell you. One expects the change.

@stevec67 post above better explains my point.

It’s just a hobby and we choose where we want to spend our money so let’s stop the squabbling..
Of course spend away. This is a hi-fi forum and someone comes here and says they can hear a difference in fuses or main cables that can't be measured in any way be it a subjective panel of listeners or instruments or God knows what. Now I'm absolutely sure he hears a difference because his brain is connected to his ears, eyes and mind. And we are a hi- fi forum dedicated to affordable, sustainable audio so it is reasonable to ask for some/any evidence. Which is yet to be provided. Someone saying "I hear a difference" is, perhaps, interesting and equally utterly meaningless.

advertisement

Back