advertisement

Aftermarket Power Cord Recommendation for Naim\Pardo

What about the cable inside the box, and the PCB tracks, surely they have an impact too according to your thoughts?

Sure, it’s a common practice for the users of a tube components like Audio Note to upgrade internal wiring. As for pcb tracks, it’s dielectric which is more important as EM energy is there, that’s why many prefer point-to-point wiring.

You’re probably right. Everyone is free to spend their money the way they like. Even at the detriment of their families sometimes I’m afraid. The divorce rate must be pretty high among hi-fi nuts. I’ve heard so many sad stories.
I chose my camp (the skeptics) long ago. But my opinion is set on science, not psychology or make-believe.
Whatever.
These fuses are a complete scam, a con. It’s only the hifi context which allows such things to exist; to me it’s akin to the proverbial little old lady being robbed of her savings.

But back to back they sound different? Why?
Your brain. Tell a friend to go to your system having tossed a coin, heads he does nothing tails he changes out say two of your power cords for kettle cables. Go into the room blindfolded and listen, write down your assessment of what he did. Repeat 30 times to eliminate statistical anomaly. Then report back.

But back to back they sound different? Why?
Normal human expectation, bias, etc. are always amongst the list of possible reasons but usually get ignored or dismissed.

I cottoned on to this as a factor decades ago. Quad published statistics on amplifier tests where listeners under blind test conditions heard and reported a difference between amplifiers in about 35% of the cases where they were hearing exactly the same equipment and recording. There was no technical difference but there was a human one.

I often see someone write that they made a technical change, heard a difference and dismiss every possible reason other than that specific technical change. That's OK for a hobby, but it's bad science because that experience isn't transferrable to others. My point doesn't invalidate the possibility that the technical change was the cause of an audible difference. However, the assumption typically gets made that the experience is always transferrable. Hence some of the opinions and arguments we enjoy.

Yes. Expensive snake oil. Like homeopathy, there’s nothing scientific. At best pseudo-science babble.
I asked ChatGPT to write advertising copy for some speaker cable based on the technical parameters. This cable costs £1.80 per metre…

Experience audio excellence like never before with our premium speaker cables, meticulously engineered to exceed your expectations. Crafted with fine stranding for unparalleled flexibility, our cables effortlessly adapt to any setup, ensuring convenience without compromise. With a reduced outer diameter of 2 x 2.5mm, they seamlessly integrate with XLR connectors and mono jacks, providing versatility without sacrificing performance.

Indulge in sonic purity with our ultra-pure oxygen-free copper conductors, delivering outstanding sonic integrity and uncompromising sound quality. Whether you're a seasoned audiophile or a professional musician, our cables guarantee pristine audio reproduction, allowing you to hear every nuance and detail with astonishing clarity.

Built to last, our speaker cables boast a robust construction, featuring bare ultra-pure oxygen-free copper conductors, PVC insulation, and a flexible PVC composite jacket in a stunning sapphire blue finish. With a working voltage of 300/500V and a test voltage of 2000V DC for 1 minute, rest assured that our cables are as reliable as they are exceptional.

Elevate your audio experience with our premium speaker cables – where flexibility, purity, and performance converge to create sonic perfection. Unlock the true potential of your sound system and immerse yourself in a world of unparalleled audio fidelity.

advertisement

Back