advertisement

A thread to catalogue the sleaze, indignity, lack of diplomacy and wisdom of the SNP

richardg

Admonishtrator
Sandra White & Mark Hirst: 2006, both resign from the party having referred to the union jack as a butcher's apron
Angus MacNeil: 2007, admits to being in a hotel room with a 17 and 18 year old girl as wife is pregnant in hospital.
2012: Paul Monaghan, tweets that the union jack is a butcher's apron
Paul Monaghan: 2013, uses nazi references to describe the Lib Dem Conservative coalition
Michelle Thomson: 2015, exposed for having a sideline business of flipping properties, bought at under-market value prices from distressed home-owners
Stewart Hosie: 2016, admits to having an extra-marital affair with a journalist
Dave Doogan: 2017, forced to apologise publicly for referring to English people as quislings
Mark McDonald: 2017, admits to sending lewd texts to several women, is suspended from the party and finally leaves.
Alex Salmond: 2018, leaves the party following allegations of sexual abuse and rape.
Derek Mackay: 2019, admits to sending hundreds of text messages to a 16-year old boy, then leaves the party.
Neale Hanvey: 2019, suspended for making anti-Semitic comments on social media

Have I missed any?

In 2017, Salmond said 'Westminster is decaying before our eyes'.....the old saying about glass houses springs to mind.

Have I missed any?

I am sure TheDecameron will be along shortly to fill in the MIA SNP folk as he seems to be very knowledgeable about all matters regarding the SNP and Scottish issues.

Fingers crossed......

The trouble with those people is their behaviour is not "priced in". When you are Boris or Donald that sort of thing is "priced in" you see. Apparently it's all OK then.

There are five times as many MPs in Westminster are there are MSPs in Scotland so not unreasonable to expect a quintuple increase in transgressions.

Westminster has had some goodies no doubt - Steven Milligan, Major/Currie etc but there does seem a lot north of the border in ratio. No doubt our resident Jock with a chip on his shoulder will be along shortly to put us right.

Ray

In fairness the ‘butcher’s apron’ quote is rather good!
I'm not judging the shamed. It's not even in response to the Boris or Donald stuff either. They also need a good hiding. I'm just tired of hearing how wonderful the SNP is on here!

I can remember a few more, being a local of course, but a fraction of what happens at Westminster so probably confirms the SNP are relatively angelic. Thanks for posting.

CHE
Come on then, name and shame!

The trouble with those people is their behaviour is not "priced in". When you are Boris or Donald that sort of thing is "priced in" you see. Apparently it's all OK then.
Hmm....not at all. Boris and Donald are obviously worse than the ones on that list, Salmond excepted possibly. He's about as vile.

I concur, having met him a couple of times.
Here he is on a table nearby to us, around the time that he was exposed as expensing trips to Strasbourg after he had no reason to be there.

That's my Scottish mate Rory smiling in view.

43793834262_23ef49464a_m.jpg

You need to try reading Private Eye. That nicely covers the shenanagins of Tories and Labour alike. I’d suggest that the Tories and their tame press are quite effective at hushing things up, whereas the same media will happily expose, exaggerate or otherwise, any SNP failings, just like you are doing now, pigface.

The latest scandal shows how out of touch these politicians really are. Who thinks that a 16 year old would make a good dinner companion?

advertisement

Back