Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Tony L, Mar 22, 2018.

1. mandryka

mandryka pfm Member

There’s a word in Yiddish for BJ’s style - chutzpah.

(I was very impressed by a comment reported in today’s Covid guardian stuff today, where he said “We must all be humble in the face of nature” - because it shows that we have a prime minister with a grasp of Kant’s concept of the sublime.)

2. Dogberry

Dogberry pfm Member

Are you sure the word isn't Schmuck?

russel, Weekender, mandryka and 2 others like this.
  3. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I’m pleased to see some ‘red wall’ Tories have grasped Sunak is as ever ring-fencing the rich whilst forcing those with low-value houses and low savings reserves up north to give up the vast majority of their limited wealth. Another entirely regressive Tory policy that needs the brightest spotlight shining on it. Hopefully it will bring some division in the ranks (I’m watching Youtube guitar nerdery right now, so no idea what is happening in the HoC).

Stuart Frazer and Mole Man like this.
  4. mik_rik

mik_rik pfm Member

What is it about tory p.m's and pigs!!

Mole Man likes this.
  5. kensalriser

kensalriser pfm Member

I think the most apposite is schlemiel.

6. kensalriser

kensalriser pfm Member

I'm coming to the conclusion that a lot of these new Tory MPs have very little understanding of what the Tory party is all about.

TheDecameron likes this.
  7. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

What’s the difference between a schlemiel, a schlimazel and a schmuck? I once heard in the States that in a restaurant the schmuck elbows the schlemiel who tips the soup over the schlimazel. Not sure if its accurate.

8. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

'Peppa Pig' must be a euphemism for 'tales of my spicy sausage and what it's been up (to).'

F***wit.

AnilS and TheDecameron like this.
  9. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

The word you are looking for is 'putz'.

Dogberry likes this.
  10. TheDecameron

Just watched the paper shuffling episode on C4 News- toe curling for even a conference platform junior newbie but a Prime Minister?

11. TheDecameron

The journalistic (and I use the word loosely) equivalent of a nasal polyp, Fraser Nelson of the Tory house pamphlet was asked on C4 News if now was the time for the party to poleaxe Johnson. Not just yet he announced, ie his boss Aidan Barclay is giving a warning but not a final one. Interestingly Nelson looked strung out- sweating and the mouth curled more than usual, going out of his way to say Starmer was the Tory party’s greatest asset. They’re rattled and it shows. Most enjoyable.

12. NeilR

NeilR pfm Member

He seems to be imploding rapidly. Good.

Bring on Liz Truss.

13. TheDecameron

That’s vicious. It’s not the Roman Circus, political lives are at stake here!

14. Nero

Nero Call me 'Goose'

Yes but Zoe Williams came across as the archetypal Guardian journo, so didn’t really land a punch. Johnson will go down when his oligarchs decide they have no further use for him.

15. Rob998

Rob998 Scimmia Nordoccidentale

“Can you draw me a picture of the man who did the bad thing to you?”

[​IMG]

MikeMA, PsB, mikemusic and 8 others like this.
  16. Enfield boy

Enfield boy pfm Member

Forgiven Doggy Dave already?

Ooops

17. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

They knew enough to opportunistically stand on a Tory Platform. So, AFAIAC, they either suck it, their expenses etc up.. or they grow a pair , cross the floor and get the useless tosser and his cronies out.

Democracy is at stake here.

18. AnilS

AnilS pfm Member

Euphemism for noses in the trough.

ks.234 likes this.
  19. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

And of course the pig loving onanism of David Cameron and the Bullingdon boys…

ff1d1l likes this.
  20. TheDecameron

The interesting question is not if but how soon they will get rid of him,
    1 month
    3months
    6months?
    I imagine once the decision is made, things will move very swiftly. If it has already been made, the party might be having itself a Rishi little Christmas.

piccadilly likes this.