advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: IV VONC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this, and it was disastrous. It seems to me that this whole social mobility project, which she is heading up, is to try and convince the next generation to become our unskilled (or perhaps skilled) replacements for the EU workers that have been lost because of Brexit. It's got so many of the hallmarks of a nefarious plot under this Tory Govt, such as a person of colour at the helm (so can't be racist), continual reference to "bankers and lawyers" (who everyone hates), coupled with vast word salads that barely disguises the real intentions. What about Doctors, Vets, Engineers, Scientists and a whole other plethora of highly educated careers, and which we also require in much greater numbers in the UK?

If this is moved forward with and taken up to any significant degree it will lead to a whole generation of people that struggle to survive on low wages, and thus become a slave to the system which allows the elites to continue to dictate and hold power. Thankfully, she is so bad that I find it hard to believe anyone would be convinced by a single word she utters.
I was surprised by how poor she was. I’d never heard of her role before but I have now. A feature of her incompetence is that she’ll have drawn a great deal of attention to another Tory sham just like their no racism /“slavery allowed them to level up” PR dud.

The role of Social Mobility Commissioner Katharine Birbalsingh belongs more in the ‘how Britain works’ thread. Katherine Birbalsingh made her name as a ‘superhead’ by taking advantage of generous government money to set up an exclusive Free School and claiming to do better than ‘bog standard’ schools.

That the revolving door works to the extent that a person who made their name promoting exclusive education can go on to spearhead social mobility, and still talk the language of exclusion, is an example of where our country is going wrong writ large

Whilst out cycling earlier I came to the firm conclusion that the Conservative Party need to replace the tree in their logo with a Dalek. It would just fit their basic ideology and ethos better. The tree means nothing. The Dalek says everything.

52136180979_391fc78ac5_b.jpg

I tried running the idea through the Dall.E Mini AI generator, but it just returned pictures of Daleks. I guess that is perfectly fair really as it is so hard to differentiate between the two, but I’d have preferred a blue poster with a subtle outline of a Dalek and the text ‘Vote Conservative 2024’.

Whilst out cycling earlier I came to the firm conclusion that the Conservative Party need to replace the tree in their logo with a Dalek. It would just fit their basic ideology and ethos better. The tree means nothing. The Dalek says everything.

52136180979_391fc78ac5_b.jpg

I tried running the idea through the Dall.E Mini AI generator, but it just returned pictures of Daleks. I guess that is perfectly fair really as it is so hard to differentiate between the two, but I’d have preferred a blue poster with a subtle outline of a Dalek and the text ‘Vote Conservative 2024’.

Or replace the tree with a few lifeless, leafless sticks, the result of the Government's inaction on climate and other environmental issues.

The Week In Tory (Twitter) is as ever highly amusing and well worth a read.

The new Led By Donkeys video is anything but amusing. It is harrowing, and highlights exactly why this scum far-right racist and xenophobic Conservative Party need hosing from office as soon as possible by any means necessary:

I linked it on the other thread earlier, but I’ll put it here too. This one needs to go viral. Everyone needs to see it. We need to unite and fight this repugnant extremist Tory policy with everything we have.

I’d expected Ted Heath’s severed head on the floor, Norman Tebbit siphoning blood off the unemployed and a two headed hydra of Steve Baker and Andrew Bridgen in a Davros /half Dalek mobility scooter running over Covid patients , shouting Brexit Brexit.

“He said he was more than disappointed at the policy,” the source said. “He said he thinks the government’s whole approach is appalling. It was clear he was not impressed with the government’s direction of travel.

Prince Charles: “Flying migrants to Rwanda is appalling” (The Times, likely behind paywall).

Unusual to see UK royalty taking a stand on anything, but given how repugnant and brutally cruel this policy and how utterly deranged the Tory Party I’ll take any allies I can get at present. I’d not necessarily had royalty down as anti-fascists, but welcome on board!

So much for Dishy Rishi being a safe pair of hands. Conservatives have traditionally been evil but competent. This lot would fail an arse/elbow test. 11 billion quid!

Rishi Sunak has been accused of squandering £11bn of taxpayers money by paying too much interest servicing the government’s debt. Calculations by the National Institute of Economic and Social Research, the oldest non-partisan economic research institute in the UK, show the losses stem from the chancellor’s failure to take out insurance against interest rate rises a year ago on almost £900bn of reserves created by the quantitative easing process. The loss to taxpayers is greater than the amount Conservatives have accused former Labour chancellor and prime minister Gordon Brown of costing the UK between 2003 and 2010, when he sold some of the nation’s gold reserves at rock bottom prices.

https://www.ft.com/content/90025f48-858f-40c5-a011-3f285f05e775

Two wrongs don’t make a right as my auld mam used to say.

Brexit. Taken back control.
I don't think this one can be blamed specifically on Brexit, as Denmark has a similar wheeze in place (although AFAIK it hasn't actually sent refugees to Rwanda, yet) and is still part of the EU. The UK could probably have done this (or at least announced it) while still part of the EU.

I don't think this one can be blamed specifically on Brexit, as Denmark has a similar wheeze in place (although AFAIK it hasn't actually sent refugees to Rwanda, yet) and is still part of the EU. The UK could probably have done this (or at least announced it) while still part of the EU.

Spoilsport.

Led by evil donkeys.

That video really brings home the inhumanity and evil of the Rwandan “solution”.

How has it come to this?

.sjb

Sadly because to an extent we have all let it. As Mhairi Black alluded to in her speech in the Commons a few weeks ago fascism does not arrive in a ‘Big Bang’ but by lots of little measures and decisions that get by the people without too much opposition. Having a generally complicit media helps too (how we wish we’d implemented Leveson now). What we need is a properly co-ordinated opposition and frankly direct action as it has got to this point now. The Rwanda scheme is pure evil on a similar level, if not scale, to some of Hitler’s ethnic persecution and while I know it’s not the done thing to compare anything to that level of atrocity this scheme is getting pretty close to it so I make no apology for that! I am utterly embarrassed to be British right now.

I see perpetual racist Nigel Farage is furious at Prince Charles (Twitter). Good. The grubby little fascist should get back to selling shit greetings videos to racist granddads. That’s his level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back