advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine Labour & Lib dems are praying the Tories stand by the lying piece of shite because it will guarantee the end of Tory rule come the next election. The voting public will not forget this, too many lives affected & far too personal to brush aside when placing a vote.

I imagine Labour & Lib dems are praying the Tories stand by the lying piece of shite because it will guarantee the end of Tory rule come the next election. The voting public will not forget this, too many lives affected & far too personal to brush aside when placing a vote.

I wouldn't bet on it. We're in the CHAOS now.

This is my hope. I have no confidence in Labour whatsoever, but this is probably the best opportunity of my lifetime to push for PR and real electoral reform. There couldn’t be a clearer poster-prick than Johnson’s Tories for what is wrong with the current system. A system stacked to provide absolute power to a party without a mandate from the electorate and allow them to till-dip and totally take the piss out of us all with absolute impunity. PR would ensure this never, ever happens again. It would end it. From that point government would be representative and by consensus. The tables would no longer be stacked to hand absolute power to the same old robber baron establishment elite time after time.

It really is time to end this shit permanently.

I wish I shared your confidence. But I still see vox pops where people think that, apart from this, ‘Boris has done a good job’. I even hear them in the pub. There are a lot of people who don’t appear to be very sophisticated, politically, and who will uncritically absorb the media messaging.

I wouldn't bet on it. We're in the CHAOS now.
This a different scenario to the usual Political scandal. This has affected the public for 2 years with most abiding by the strict rules while those laying down the law were partying it up most weeks. It's very personal for many who lost loved one's & come the next election this will be high on the agenda of any opposing political party. I do doubt Boris will be in charge come the next election though, the public have given up on him & the Tories know it.

Brandon Lewis on Sophie Ridge’s Sky show now displaying exactly the level of decency, integrity and dignity one would expect from Brandon Lewis.

Martin Rowson on Johnson’s reaction to Gray report – cartoon

4837.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...n-on-johnsons-reaction-to-gray-report-cartoon

Pork Scratching anyone...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072N5N691/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

YUK.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I wish I shared your confidence. But I still see vox pops where people think that, apart from this, ‘Boris has done a good job’. I even hear them in the pub. There are a lot of people who don’t appear to be very sophisticated, politically, and who will uncritically absorb the media messaging.
His enemies have made it easy for him by *not talking* about the job he’s done. It’s easy to dismiss the current scandal as petty and exaggerated if you’re not really fussed about the One-Rule-For-Them routine. Liberal critics’ reaction has hardly been a model of political sophistication IMO.

Spot on and therein lies the problem in nutshell. A corrupt and unaccountable media combined with a large enough proportion of the population being gullible enough to believe the shit they peddle doesn't make an environment for common sense to prevail.

His enemies have made it easy for him by *not talking* about the job he’s done.
<sarcasm>But that would be 'playing politics' and the focus groups say that we shouldn't do it. I mean, we don't want our messaging to take hold. It is much better to say nothing and hope the Tories mess up so badly that even their messaging is scuppered.</sarcasm>

Eh? She was an SNP MP?! What she did posed a far greater risk than a bunch of people who work together all day getting sloshed together (not that they should have done it).
You understand the difference between “Government” and “backbenches” no? She was a backbencher who had the whip suspended instantly. What you are trying to deflect from in the party you vote for is quite literally indefensible. Have you no shame? Probably not.

Media messaging is currently......Go Boris! Many have been affected on a personal level by this current debacle involving Boris, both financially & mentally & this one will take a special kind of Boris fan to stick with him. His cohorts in parliament are just clinging to power & they have no hope of winning a majority with this clown in charge, they will come to realise this & get rid, no chance he will lead the Tory party into another election, he's unelectable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back