advertisement

A moment of speaker weakness...

The Parsifal I heard were the same, the two enclosures were not fixed to each other so the woofers go fire either way. My Otellos have the two enclosures fixed together.
They’re breaking in right now. You can hear the bass loosening up over time..

They’re VERY efficient!
Interestingly, they sit on an anti-vibration bases like the Gaias but far better!

interesting. the ones at emporium dont have these bases , are they called masie or something .

Depending how loud you want to go, I don't think La Scalas can be dismissed from a small room as they aren't too overpowering. Love mine

Old picture, room is the same but different kit. Soon to be moving to a new place and hopefully they'll be ok there as well.

They look gorgeous and, cough, not too big :D I'd like to hear a pair.

Does anyone have pictures of Cornwalls, Fortes or Heresys IV in a similar sized room they would be willing to post please?

Last edited:
Ehb5Od7.jpeg

Klipsch Heresy III.
TEAC PD-H500c, TEAC A-H500i.

Ehb5Od7.jpeg

Klipsch Heresy III.
TEAC PD-H500c, TEAC A-H500i.
Fabulous, thank you, they look the biz, don't they? Which wood finish is that?

I'm certainly in the big cone area, the PFM Specials taught me the feeling of moving air.

My wife hates loudspeakers. She heard Forte IV at a friends house and loved the sound and quite liked the look
I just have to find £5799!
I will/would also have to find a suitable amplifier. Would an old Yamaha receiver or a Nait2 work?

Fabulous, thank you, they look the biz, don't they? Which wood finish is that?

They are true American walnut, a beautiful, natural finish - perhaps a bit delicate, care must be taken not to hurt them hard.. But why should one?
This is my second pair. I stupidly sold the first one, only to realize after some time that they were the speakers that had lasted longer in my system. I love them and my wife loves them, all happy.

My wife hates loudspeakers. She heard Forte IV at a friends house and loved the sound and quite liked the look
I just have to find £5799!
I will/would also have to find a suitable amplifier. Would an old Yamaha receiver or a Nait2 work?
Interestingly, my wife has no love of hifi, it equates to cables, but I showed her a couple of pictures of the Forte IV and the Heresys, with grills on and she thought them quite pretty, to the point have maybe a chance of getting them in the living room!!

I followed up with a picture of the La Scala's and the answer was, "They'd look best in your room".

As you see, I use my Heresy with an early 2000 TEAC integrated, rated at 50W. True, it's sort of a special amp in its range, toroidal, dual-mono and very good components, but still I paid €220 for it.
I add that I played my Klipsch in our room with:

- Pass Labs INT-25 (an obvious winner but I didn't actually liked it, too much of an amp, meaty, bold, not very transparent and agile)
- PrimaLuna EVO 100 (very very pleasant, loud enough, extremely immediate and enjoyable)
- Bow Technologies Wazoo (same as the Pass, an even more thick and personal voice)
- GoldNote S-1 (the best pairing for a solid state, but it was ugly and not better than the PrimaLuna)
- This TEAC - a very balanced and precise, although relaxed, sound. Sure, not the dernier cri in amp sound, but so domestic in a modern way.

Hope it helps,M

They look gorgeous and, cough, not too big :D I'd like to hear a pair.

Does anyone have pictures of Cornwalls, Fortes or Heresys IV in a similar sized room they would be willing to post please?

One thing to bare in mind about La Scalas as opposed to say Cornwalls, Fortes or Heresys is they are very deep. Deeper than they are wide. I found them fine (MattJ’s pair were previously mine) as my room has very deep alcoves, but they’d look quite imposing in some rooms.

PS Obviously if the room corners and budget is there no one should overlook full Klipschorns.

I tested the Forte IVs with an A and R A60 and they sounded amazing. Will try and post a picture of my Cornwalls once back on the computer

I had a pair of Heresys for years and really loved them. Ran them with a Luxman LV-105 integrated. Far more power than they needed so the Lux never had to work very hard. Agree with the comments about immediacy. I always felt they imaged quite well too. Oddly the WAF was very low with these. Could not understand that!

I've often been in doubt about whether the Heresy like few tube watts or many solid state ones. People on forums have strongly supported either view. To be honest, Klispch themselves state that one should use an amp rated at the continuous power held by the speakers, which is 100W for the Heresy IIIs; and their crossover is today rather more complex and crammed with components than the very simple circuit of the original Heresy Is. They have a 12" woofer, in sealed box. They may sound delightful with a single-ended, 3.5W amp but nobody ever complained about using them with POWER...

Only ever heard the Heresy 4
Driven by a humble modern Marantz integrated
Rock and soul music played loud.
A very enjoyable ecperience it was

I never play my H3s loud, the room is not large enough or acoustically treated. But what I like of them is the ability to play music at low volume - meaning that with a modest app on the iPhone I measure about 80dB at my listening spot on the sofa, some 3 mt. away.

One of the appeal of these Klipsch speaker is the low level listening, not just how loud they go - though going loud is in the agenda too!

advertisement

Back