advertisement

A huge selection of old and new gear in a shop in London

I passed the shop when we had to take a diversion around London. Looked very interesting. Couldnā€™t get my wife to stop to have a look:(

A lot of shop 2nd hand prices are much higher now.
I went into a shop near here and there was an A&R A 60 for Ā£100. It was a little tatty. When I returned a few weeks later the same amp was Ā£180.

Audio Gold is a great place. My son had them repair an Arcam Delta 60 amplifier a few years ago, great service in that respect too.

I've known the Audio Gold guys for years and they are top blokes. They've bought a fair amount of stuff off my audiojumble stall over the years! I've still not visited the shop but I really must do.

Another shop I need to visit is Wilton Music Mall, if only to leave drool all over his multiple Gale GT-2101 turntables! https://www.wiltonmusicmall.com/

They had an article in Hifi World decades ago.

Based on this, while in London in 1994, a friend absolutely wanted to visit them to buy a Quad 44. Pre-internet, pre-smartphone. We spent half a day and countless calls from a telephone box (oh the accent!) trying to find this place. In the end we gave up, returned to the centre, and had a Nepalese dinner.

advertisement

Back