advertisement

A bath for lounging in.

Those baths are frightfully uncomfortable if you are tall. The steep rise is like sitting in an armchair with no padding. I had one in a hotel I was staying at for work.

If you dont use the sides for support to avoid the armchair affect you basically have to support yourself somehow and it all just gets rather uncomfortable.

It may be easier if you are short, Im 6ft4" and it was an unpleasant but an equally romantic experience as it had a fire next to it and it looked seductive. The bath, not me.

This ^^.

Alfresco?

4ZfyUtM.jpg

The older yer get the less need for a bath. Just keep your hair and genitals clean as they still produce oils. If you need pampering, wrap up in a king-size electric blanket yer great wuss! :)

DC … That looks a bit photoshop to me.

Did you get in? I had to trudge through mud for 100m to get there!
Not that one , but several not dissimilar, when touring round the North West of Iceland. Beautiful and wild place. Wish we were there at the moment with the volcano going up in the Reykeness peninsula. There's a great video blog worth looking at by a chap called Valur on grapevine.is. if I knew how I'd post a link, but it's worth googling.

Jez, cleanliness is next to godliness. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it.
In that case, a shower is much cleaner than a bath. I can think of nothing worse than stewing in a warm soup of your bodily grime held in suspension with soapy water. Whenever I've had a bath (always a spa-variety in nice hotel or motel) I have felt the need for a thorough shower afterwards.

I shudder to think that in the days gone by, family members took turns to soak in dirty bathwater. Yuck!

Our bath is conventional cast iron and was installed when the coastguard house was built in the sixties. It’s a little cramped but cosy. Peeps were a little smaller then I think. We haven’t used it for years in the usual way but are loath to get rid of it. We installed curtains and a proper shower that gives you a decent hammering from a mains pressure water heater. Bliss. No doubt at some point we will slip and snap a femur because of our heedless attitude to home improvements. I like living with stuff I grew up with( except the gas boiler over the bath that nearly killed me when I was seven)

In that case, a shower is much cleaner than a bath. I can think of nothing worse than stewing in a warm soup of your bodily grime held in suspension with soapy water. Whenever I've had a bath (always a spa-variety in nice hotel or motel) I have felt the need for a thorough shower afterwards.

I shudder to think that in the days gone by, family members took turns to soak in dirty bathwater. Yuck![/QUOTE]

Many years ago the Japanese did exhaustive tests on washing machines and found you could use the same water after a few washes and the clothes were still cleaned properly. They are a very fastidious nation when it comes to hygiene.

Many years ago the Japanese did exhaustive tests on washing machines and found you could use the same water after a few washes and the clothes were still cleaned properly. They are a very fastidious nation when it comes to hygiene.
Washing machines have a rinse cycle. Baths, without a shower, do not.

The older yer get the less need for a bath. Just keep your hair and genitals clean as they still produce oils. If you need pampering, wrap up in a king-size electric blanket yer great wuss! :)

DC … That looks a bit photoshop to me.
If you notice people edging away you might try giving the old armpits a rinse too, once a day is ample:)

I shudder to think that in the days gone by, family members took turns to soak in dirty bathwater. Yuck!

The Japanese approach.. a thorough (really thorough) wash, scrub and shower first. Then, and only then, are you allowed a soak in the bath. Probably with others too.

We've got a Quantum Duo Double-ended Bath 1900 x 900. Really comfortable double ender as we usually have a bath together.

Comes without tap holes drilled so i put the taps in half way down the long side and installed a blank overflow.

They do loads of different sizes and a tougher Carronite option, doesn't take much heat from the water.

Small ledge around it for bottles and a large G & T. About£750 iirc.

advertisement

Back