advertisement

5D goes 50MP next week

Sales via Alamy, Getty etc.

I make 100% of my living out of Getty and have done so for the last 22 years, actually before Getty was around but then was Tony Stone Worldwide, the first agency Getty acquired. I can assure you the amount of pixels don't count as much as quality of file overall. The minimum specs are there to elevate the standard expected, but are not set in stone, and a well interpolated file from 10mpx will be accepted, or a 50% crop of 22mpx too. If an image is compelling enough it will be taken even on an IPhone, and quite frankly they could give a rats arse what it was shot on.

I make 100% of my living out of Getty and have done so for the last 22 years, actually before Getty was around but then was Tony Stone Worldwide, the first agency Getty acquired. I can assure you the amount of pixels don't count as much as quality of file overall. The minimum specs are there to elevate the standard expected, but are not set in stone, and a well interpolated file from 10mpx will be accepted, or a 50% crop of 22mpx too. If an image is compelling enough it will be taken even on an IPhone, and quite frankly they could give a rats arse what it was shot on.

Tru dat.

4 DSLR's, 1 new mirrorless and a superb w/a zoom announced.
Details, sample images etc everywhere now.
Love the new auto time-lapse feature.

The bit i like Rack is the key selling point:

'Special gold badging like the 1DS series and S designation denote 'superior' quality'.

Wonder how much that marketing guy cost them......

I gotta ask, wouldn't the photo assistants have noticed all the videographers in the room? Surely they must have suspected something was up.

Joe

I was waiting for someone to suggest the Hasselblad CMOS H5D

If I really needed mega mega pixels I would be looking at the Pentax 645Z. It's really under cut the Hasselblads on price but is meant to have stunning image quality.

Agencies don't count your pixels.
This is a hifi forum. A place where people imagine they need special cables to really hear the music. Necessity has little or nothing to do with it. People will buy these cameras because they believe the cameras will allow them to sell more easily or do something they couldn't do before.

This is a hifi forum. A place where people imagine they need special cables to really hear the music. Necessity has little or nothing to do with it. People will buy these cameras because they believe the cameras will allow them to sell more easily or do something they couldn't do before.

That may be the perception of some of those people, but rest assured the agencies themselves won't care or see any benefit. All it will mean is that the user will just have to down res each image before submitting unless they cropped substantially.

advertisement

Back