advertisement

240v to 220v

I came across a Kenwood L-A1 integrated for £900 but I'm a bit short of the readies, otherwise, I would be tempted. Good luck with the b*cking transformer, it looks a bit complicated to me.

+1 for bucking transformer if not capable of rewiring. I've used one for years on a 100v Japanese preamp with 120v at the wall.

Simon

to the OP, if you open the amp (lots of screws), on the inner left back wall, above the speaker O/P PCB, there's a small metal plate that holds a small-ish PCB with a lot of wires going in and out, and the mains fuse, all covered with a clear plastic sheet. remove this sheet by pulling off the 2 plastic pops. if the amp is set to 220V the closest wire to the mains fuse on a 3-wire holding rail should be grey, and next to it, the center one, a blue wire. swap these two wires so that the blue be connected to the closest pin to the mains fuse and the grey be in the center (with the brown on its other side) and you're done - now the transformer is set to work on 240V. I know for sure as I owned a 1010 and converted it using the SM. cheers :)

to the OP, if you open the amp (lots of screws), on the inner left back wall, above the speaker O/P PCB, there's a small metal plate that holds a small-ish PCB with a lot of wires going in and out, and the mains fuse, all covered with a clear plastic sheet. remove this sheet by pulling off the 2 plastic pops. if the amp is set to 220V the closest wire to the mains fuse on a 3-wire holding rail should be grey, and next to it, the center one, a blue wire. swap these two wires so that the blue be connected to the closest pin to the mains fuse and the grey be in the center (with the brown on its other side) and you're done - now the transformer is set to work on 240V. I know for sure as I owned a 1010 and converted it using the SM. cheers :)
That makes life a lot easier, have a manual, but little practical know-how. Big thanks.

maybe standard transformer with 2 primary taps 20/240 the 230volt is the specified V for design etc volts will vary up/down etc

advertisement

Back