advertisement

2020 New Album Recommendations

Inner Song (the new Kelly Lee Owen album) is on Qobuz, and I listened to it over the weekend. Very good, and I imagine it’ll be a grower.
I heard it with KLO in a Zoom meeting just before launch and was glad I had ordered Dinked version from Drift in Totnes.

I've listened to the new Doves album 'The Universal Want' a couple of times - it's a brilliant album bearing in mind they've been off the scene for 10 years.
A definite contender for album of the year imo.

I've listened to the new Doves album 'The Universal Want' a couple of times - it's a brilliant album bearing in mind they've been off the scene for 10 years.

Really? I was massively disappointed with it to be honest.

I feel they've released the best track first to entice people into buying the album, a bit like the modern trick for showing all the best bits in the film trailer to get you into the cinema only for it to be a very average film.

And I was a massive Doves fan first time around.

I guess we all have different tastes - which is just as well when you think about it.;)

I guess, but like I say I am coming at if from being a massive Doves fan, I like the first single, it just seems like a massive outlier compared with the rest of the album.

I'll give Doves another go but was a bit underwhelmed with it, I was planning on buying the LP but cancelled it, sometimes you need to revisit (Grimes new one on 1st listen I binned it, now it's on every few days). Some albums/bands take a while or even a few decades

I'll give Doves another go but was a bit underwhelmed with it, I was planning on buying the LP but cancelled it, sometimes you need to revisit (Grimes new one on 1st listen I binned it, now it's on every few days). Some albums/bands take a while or even a few decades

I'm being much more selective with new vinyl these days, I used to just buy stuff on a whim or liking previous material from an artist, I now do much more listening via Tidal, a few full play-throughs to see how I feel about it etc.

The Doves album would have just joined the ever increasing pile of vinyl I never play, which is already too bloody big!

I'm being much more selective with new vinyl these days, I used to just buy stuff on a whim or liking previous material from an artist, I now do much more listening via Tidal, a few full play-throughs to see how I feel about it etc.

The Doves album would have just joined the ever increasing pile of vinyl I never play, which is already too bloody big!
Yeah me too, I use the streaming to try before you buy nowadays, I have some serious abominations in the vinyl collection from days gone by, started buying in 1978, the worst offenders are no longer in plain sight though!

Yeah me too, I use the streaming to try before you buy nowadays, I have some serious abominations in the vinyl collection from days gone by, started buying in 1978, the worst offenders are no longer in plain sight though!

It's not that mine are bad, just not good enough to make me want to listen to them. I should sell them really and free up some money and space for vinyl I do actually want!

I have a big list of stuff on my wantlist at Discogs that keeps getting emailed to me every day and yet I still put them off in favour of dodgy new releases for some reason.

Listening now and very happy to be doing so. Loved them from the first album, one of the most consistent deliverers without too much same ol’...

Has it really been this long?

advertisement

Back