advertisement

2020 New Album Recommendations

Dance, the new album by the Tingvall Trio, just dropped on Tidal.

CfADNqK.jpg

Am half way though and loving it!

The Pineapple Thief 'new' album - 'Versions Of The Truth' will be very high in my album of the year list.
So well crafted, sung, written, played, mastered, a real highlight.
Some may call it 'Prog' but I feel that is doing an injustice, as it is difficult to pigeonhole.
This is the final track - and gives an insight.
Track one needs to he heard on a full range system - it's use of bass pedals in places really works so well.
Great album. Your description is spot on. That first track will certainly give any systems low end a good workout. Happy to say my one passed the test.

Great album. Your description is spot on. That first track will certainly give any systems low end a good workout. Happy to say my one passed the test.
It's a terrific album that takes quite a few listens to fully appreciate - I know exactly what you mean regarding the first track.:)

It's a terrific album that takes quite a few listens to fully appreciate - I know exactly what you mean regarding the first track.:)
Cheers, enjoying this. Should they be called Porcupineapple Thief Tree though, as they could be the same band?

There are definite similarities;)
Much prefer this to the stuff that Mr Wilson is currently coming out with though.
Agree and I would add that in my opinion, the best of his work was with Porcupine Tree. A terrific band they were and were incredible live.

Bruce Springsteen’s “in the studio live” Letter to You is out today and sounds excellent- a return to the early E street sounds. There are a couple of acoustic ( mainly ) tracks but he and the boys are playing and singing their hearts out on this one.

Bruce Springsteen’s “in the studio live” Letter to You is out today and sounds excellent- a return to the early E street sounds. There are a couple of acoustic ( mainly ) tracks but he and the boys are playing and singing their hearts out on this one.

I agree it’s excellent. There’s an very good documentary about the making of the album on Apple TV+, basically a group of old men (and a woman) getting together and doing what they do best. From the documentary it looks as if it was recorded live.

There’s a short interview with Springsteen here - there’s a funny story about Dylan too...

Bought the Springsteen album today, not listened as yet. Amazed that the vinyl is up at £34, went for the CD at £12.99.

advertisement

Back