advertisement

2013-2014 Premiership Season Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs seem to be doing good business at the minute. About to sell Bale for £100+ they have spent this money on some excellent signings that will surely lift them to 4th place OR above.

Glenn Hoddle reckons they are title contenders....

One more time as Lawro runs up 10 compared to me and pil on 6 each. Time to get serious.

SATURDAY
Fulham v Arsenal
0-2 Me
1-1 Lawro
pil
Everton v West Brom
1-0
2-1

Hull v Norwich
0-2
1-1

Newcastle v West Ham
2-2
2-1

Southampton v Sunderland
1-0
2-0

Stoke v Crystal Palace
1-1
2-0

Aston Villa v Liverpool
0-1
1-2

SUNDAY
Cardiff v Man City
0-2
0-2

Tottenham v Swansea
2-2
2-0

MONDAY
Man Utd v Chelsea
2-1
1-1

Lawro wins that one as well. Lawro - 2, Me - 0, pil - 0.

Spurs must have lots of cash floating around, they have just paid for the medical of the new Chelsea player :)

Man U v Chelsea 0-0. A game of fulfilled and unfulfilled expectations. The result is not unexpected as more than a third of games played between them have been draws (in the last 42 games).

And the unfulfilled expectations? Well Moyes has not taken a while to slot into his new role and Mourinho has not made a big difference to any part of Chelsea's game. Rooney was expected to just do what he has usually been doing for the last year or so which is not a lot. However he was man of the match IMO.

Finally Man U got some Fergie time so all is not lost with the departure of Sir Alex.

IMO man of the match in that game is not a great achievement.
Lot of the passing from both sides was poor.

It was an utterly uninspiring game to watch. Made even worse by the hype and that awful bloody tactical stuff with Carragher and Neville. If anyone accuses Hull City of any time wasting and negative play this season I will just point them at the Special One's approach to this game.

They did rather cancel each other out & it was a game that neither could really afford to lose. Moyes has always been a somewhat cautious manager and Mourinho is usually better remembered for his personality than for the way the teams he sends out tend to play.

Think I'm going to have to start watching Spanish/German football at this rate. Especially as the most watchable footballer is leaving for Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back