advertisement

2013-2014 Premiership Season Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
11 years at Everton, David Moyes failed to get them above Manchester United in the league.

This year he has managed it in just 6 games.

Yes good luck to you.

We wouldn't have scored even if we were still playing now- Its more than a bit worrying.

I know he got you back in the Premier league but long term, Big Sam is not the right man for West Ham. I hear Bolton want him back, so you might get your wish.

I know he got you back in the Premier league but long term, Big Sam is not the right man for West Ham. I hear Bolton want him back, so you might get your wish.

There's a fair quota of our supporters that will never back him no matter what he does (I'm not one of those people btw).

Trouble is, who would be the right man for West Ham (Can't believe that this question is being asked 6 or 7 matches into the season...?)

There's a fair quota of our supporters that will never back him no matter what he does (I'm not one of those people btw).

Trouble is, who would be the right man for West Ham (Can't believe that this question is being asked 6 or 7 matches into the season...?)

A young foreign manager with new ideas like what the Saints have done.

Is this place is very quiet at the moment - what's happened to all that the Man Utd noise? :D

I was away this w/e so haven't seen highlights motd wtc yet. Not sure I'll bother if reports are to be believed :) I didn't think the transition would be easy, I'm not even sure if it can be made to work in the longer term but I'm behind the idea of giving him a fair crack at it & not for ditching him by Christmas which seems to be one view. I've enjoyed 20 odd years of Utd being generally successful & winning things but I can remember the time before that aswell. I get the impression looking around the web that many younger Utd fans have come to take that success for granted & aren't enjoying a taste of how life has been for fans of many other clubs these past 20 years. Maybe they'll have to get used to it. Maybe not. It makes for an interesting season though. If Utd don't wake up, I'd like to see Spurs win the league just for the refereshing change that would be.

I was away this w/e so haven't seen highlights motd wtc yet. Not sure I'll bother if reports are to be believed :) I didn't think the transition would be easy, I'm not even sure if it can be made to work in the longer term but I'm behind the idea of giving him a fair crack at it & not for ditching him by Christmas which seems to be one view. I've enjoyed 20 odd years of Utd being generally successful & winning things but I can remember the time before that aswell. I get the impression looking around the web that many younger Utd fans have come to take that success for granted & aren't enjoying a taste of how life has been for fans of many other clubs these past 20 years. Maybe they'll have to get used to it. Maybe not. It makes for an interesting season though. If Utd don't wake up, I'd like to see Spurs win the league just for the refereshing change that would be.

A stoical utd fan , never thought i'd see the day :D:D:D:D

MU are really going to suffer from loss of sponsorship/kit income if they lose many of their millions of Asian "fans", who probably don't have the loyalty of the home fans

I see The Special One seems to be losing the plot storming out of a press conference in Bucharest.
Its definately not as good 2nd time around.

Moyes2 in the making?

So far it has to be said Martinez is making us all realise what a crap manager Moyes was at Everton.

Two predictors are doing fine the other one is rubbish. Me-4, Lawro-8, pil-7.

Chelsea are back on to do the Treble. They thrashed Bucharest 0 - 4 tonight.

Ramires got a couple and Superfrankie clipped in the last.

The vibe at Chelsea has completely changed. The Guardian know this:

"José Mourinho prowled his technical area wrapped up in long coat and scarf, wearing the scowl of a man still rather dissatisfied with his lot, but Chelsea's response to a sluggish opening in their Champions League campaign had been emphatic. Steaua Bucharest were swatted aside, all that trauma endured against Basel a fortnight ago exorcised. The 2012 European Cup winners are up and running."

We just need to beat Schalke to go into the next round of The Champions League. I hope we cut the Krauts down to size.

Jack

Chelsea are back on to do the Treble. They thrashed Bucharest 0 - 4 tonight.

Ramires got a couple and Superfrankie clipped in the last.

The vibe at Chelsea has completely changed. The Guardian know this:

"José Mourinho prowled his technical area wrapped up in long coat and scarf, wearing the scowl of a man still rather dissatisfied with his lot, but Chelsea's response to a sluggish opening in their Champions League campaign had been emphatic. Steaua Bucharest were swatted aside, all that trauma endured against Basel a fortnight ago exorcised. The 2012 European Cup winners are up and running."

We just need to beat Schalke to go into the next round of The Champions League. I hope we cut the Krauts down to size.
Jack

Eh , with only two games gone , how can this be true . Arsenal are top of their group with maximum points , after playing [ by general consensus] the finest 45 minutes of football seen in years and are still not guaranteed a place in the next round yet.

Wasn't so long ago that Bob wrote something along these lines.

"...I'm laughing at City.
Utterly outclassed. If Bayern hadn't declared after 60 minutes it could have been a cricket score.
Bob must be beside himself having to put up with that shite. LOL..."

Changed a few words of course but the sentiment is the same. :D

Poor old Father Ted. He looked utterly bewildered & out of his depth. I hope for his sake he can make more of an impression in Europe than Bobby Manc did or he'll be on his way.

There was a sequence of Bayern play in the 2nd half, before Ted finally put some subs on, that was just comical. Loved it!

I see a lot of people blaming Joe Hart this morning, as if City weren't comprehensively annihilated all over the pitch.
I'm sure Bob will also be back soon, once City have managed to win again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back