advertisement

how many records do you play in an average week and what percentage of listening is vinyl?

A dozen+ albums a week -100% Vinyl- where I purposely sit down in front of the speakers and take in the experience, usually late at night.

During all other times the radio, mainly a classical station is playing at a low volume in the background.

3-5 albums per day, 99.87% streamed (the odd time I wind up the phonogram for LPs that are mastered better than a brickwalled digital version I might have)

.sjb

The variance is wide, but I would guess the average is 3 hours a day, with vinyl being a bit less than half of that - but almost 100% if (a) I have the chosen music on vinyl (b) the vinyl is not knackered and (c) I am listening attentively rather than providing a pleasing background.

Last edited:
I probably listen to 20 or 30 albums a week, almost exclusively streaming, I think I’ve used the turntable once in 6 months.

I’m considering my future Hifi at the moment as I expect most of my listening will be done in my office, which is small and the kitchen/diner, when we move at the end of the month. I just don’t get time to sit down and listen for enjoyment.

Cheers BB

Two or three LPs, half a dozen CDs, most of rest will be FM radio. I rarely stream, I think it's overrated.

1-2 CDs a day, hardly ever stream now as I found I was just jumping between tracks and lost the enjoyment of listening to music.

Just rediscovering my vinyl after a few months’ with classical cds from charity shops. Last night was Bright Phoebus by the watersons - there’s something generous and warm about records that’s addictive - so probably 4 records a night now

Depends on how you 'count' a convenience version made to a digital file. I listen to a mix of CDs, radio, and LP transfers when in most rooms. Only have a deck in one but can play a version on file. So most days a mix of 'vinyl', CD, radio, files, etc. Chosen simply for what I fancy at the time. Mix varies, but probably around equal all round. Particularly handy when working in the kitchen.

Mostly streaming this time of the year when the weather is so nice outside and listening time is way down.

When indoors - 5% radio
25% CD
70% vinyl
In the car - 5% CD
10% radio
85% iPod
On the Guzzi - exhaust note, loud !

When out with my cameras - Bird song, or water movement where possible.

I’m almost all cd playback. Very rarely use the turntable. probably a dozen or so a week. More in the darker months.

When working from home (2-3 days a week), streaming up to 10 hours a day, both albums and playlists. I then have the system on before bedtime for 20 minutes or so, vinyl or CD. It used to be a lot more until a recent new job, which just eats into my day. As the weather gets better, I'm out in the garden at weekends so haven't time for the system.

It's nice that it's there, but I'm conscious that it doesn't get used as much as it used to...

4-5 hours streaming a day whilst driving, sometimes streaming in the evening maybe, vinyl only occasionally, I can go quite a while without playing any as it depends how the mood takes me. My listening at home always reduces when the weather picks up.

I'm sort of 10 to 15 week with the odd 0 and 20. and vinyl only other than alexa which is mainly radio 4. Just don't really understand how to do digital although realise it is the way to go. I started a thread to help which was great and I will get around to it sometime.

About 20 albums per week of which 0% is vinyl.

One thing unique to streaming is that there is no addional cost for an album or track. So if someone mentions an album I have not previously heard I will track it down and try to listen to it. Some can be quickly rejected, but most have some merit.

When indoors - 5% radio
25% CD
70% vinyl
In the car - 5% CD
10% radio
85% iPod
On the Guzzi - exhaust note, loud !

When out with my cameras - Bird song, or water movement where possible.
Vinyl in the car can be problematic.

advertisement

Back