advertisement

Ukraine V

Now is your opportunity to show your appreciation for NATO!
Gordan has possibly some justification for his distrust of NATO, they imposed some really stupid rules of engagement upon themselves when they deployed as peacekeepers in the Former Yugoslavia conflict, and made some poor decisions when they did decide to engage.

However that was 30- odd years ago and you'd hope they'd learned from that debacle.

I think NATO boots on the ground in Ukraine, before the current unpleasantness is resolved (in Ukraines favour), would be a very bad idea. Military assistance in terns of supplying materiel on the other hand, well it's no different to what's always gone on, probably since ancient times. Iran supplying drones to Russia is no different. If you're in the arms trade, you're in the arms trade after all.

Gordan has possibly some justification for his distrust of NATO, they imposed some really stupid rules of engagement upon themselves when they deployed as peacekeepers in the Former Yugoslavia conflict, and made some poor decisions when they did decide to engage.

However that was 30- odd years ago and you'd hope they'd learned from that debacle.

I think NATO boots on the ground in Ukraine, before the current unpleasantness is resolved (in Ukraines favour), would be a very bad idea. Military assistance in terns of supplying materiel on the other hand, well it's no different to what's always gone on, probably since ancient times. Iran supplying drones to Russia is no different. If you're in the arms trade, you're in the arms trade after all.
Yes, I agree. Still however, whatever had to be done 30 years ago (and keeping the peace now), it was immeasurably better than the massacre that would have continued - hence my last comment above.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64528580

Without significant foreign intervention, which seems unlikely, I can see Russia, due to sheer weight of numbers, advancing further and further west quite quickly over the next few months. If and when they take Kiev what will NATO do?
I didn't read the article, but assume it's the same as the rest from this particular point of view.

First, consider that Putin has spent considerable effort for decades to convince the West of the myth of all powerful Russian bear, with infinite human and technical resources. It almost worked - the West was convinced that Kiev will fall in three days a year ago.

Second, consider the strange meme that has been introduced worldwide by RF and pedaled out by useful westerners - a weird notion that a nuclear armed nation can't lose a war. We here that all the time on this thread. Stop and remember that nuclear armed nations lost numerous wars in recent history. France, USSR, USA have all lost wars while packing nuclear heat. Russia even managed to effectively loose two small civil wars with a lightly armed internal enemy (Chechnya or Ichkeria), while nuclear armed. Chechnya today is effectively an independent nation with a separate sharia-like internal legal system, a hereditary warlord and a feudal economy. Russian military or police aren't welcome there. The made-up meme of nuclear invincibility is false by definition.

Third, consider what happened in WW2, when large European nations were overun by Nazis. Governments in exiles were formed, resistance was organized and the war went on. It will be no different now, if the Rashist armies take Ukraine, and likely Moldova after that. Belorussia already has a government in exile, two more will join it.

Finally, ask when does RF renew it's "Russian bear will wake up, really, really soon" meme? Exactly, when they think they have a renewed chance to bluff us into a fearful crouch again.

@DimitryZ

What is your explanation that apparently the US are the biggest buyers of RF crude oil derivates from India?

Why do they expect that no one else is allowed to do buy Russian crude (except for Bulgaria)?

https://www.telegraphindia.com/busi...il-but-who-is-the-surprise-buyer/cid/1910044?
Have no idea.

But I know India is buying RF crude at or below cost of production, well below the "ceiling."

I also know that everyone wants India in their camp.

How come Serbia allows RF to recruit it's citizens for hamburger helper a la Wagner?

i've never heard from a credible source there are serbian citizens in wagner and i doubt so. you probably trust NATO troll farms all over the net, i don't.

there's some serb extremists in donetsk paramilitaries since far before the war.

anyway it's illegal by law and not worth a talk more than about any mercenaries there, US, UK, chechen etc.

Former Israeli PM Naftali Bennet:

After 17 drafts of agreement, NATO “decided that it is necessary to continue to smash Putin, and not to negotiate… They broke off the negotiations, and it seemed to me that they were wrong.”.

According to him, it was Boris Johnson who was radical and pushed against peace.

It's a long video, 5 hours, and it gets on the topic of Putin and Ukraine war including negotiations around 2:19:52

You have English (and FWIW Russian subtitles at CC button)

I'm only wondering why this is released now.

^^^^Maybe Israeli ultranationalist government finally decided that Putin isn't so bad. Putin has been courting ultrarightwing factions all over the world. MAGA republicans in the US pretty much love him, too.

Is that all you think it's worth saying? Have you listened the Ukraine part at all?

I know it's hard to deal with that someone credible finally openly saying that Western leaders blocked Ukraine & Russia peace deal which he negotiated on Zelensky request in March because they wanted to continue to strike Putin.

Still I think this is a message to someone. Let's hope for best - peace.

Putin wanted peace but Boris Johnson scuppered it. While I’d believe virtually any stupid action purportly made by Johnson, I’m finding the first part of that statement a tad unlikely.

Agree with this. It doesn't fit the Johnson M.O. (if said scuppering was supposed to be deliberate and not bumbling shambolic incompetence). If Johnson believed he stood to broker a peace deal, I think it more likely he would have jumped at the opportunity to . . . bring peace to Europe. To take full credit for saving the planet from nuclear devastation.

Imagine the glee in having that Churchill moment on his cv. Johnson's flatulent over-inflated ego would have him hovering over the UN in New York as 'world saviour', putting the Chinese balloon effort to shame.

John

Putin wanted peace but Boris Johnson scuppered it.

Given the amount of Russian oligarch money propping up the Conservative Party, especially in Johnson’s time, it is highly unlikely he’d have scuppered anything. One only needs to look to how slowly the Conservative government acted to lock Russian oligarch assets. Those horses had all bolted long, long before that door was closed.

Here’s Layla Moran utilising Parliamentary Privilege to name a whole raft of oligarchs at least a month before Britain Trump acted. Russian wealth the Tories were more than happy to be bankrolled with.

Given the amount of Russian oligarch money propping up the Conservative Party, especially in Johnson’s time, it is highly unlikely he’d have scuppered anything. One only needs to look to how slowly the Conservative government acted to lock Russian oligarch assets. Those horses had all bolted long, long before that door was closed.

Here’s Layla Moran utilising Parliamentary Privilege to name a whole raft of oligarchs at least a month before Britain Trump acted. Russian wealth the Tories were more than happy to be bankrolled with.
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/londongrad/id1625862285?i=1000565701055

@DimitryZ

What is your explanation that apparently the US are the biggest buyers of RF crude oil derivates from India?

Why do they expect that no one else is allowed to do buy Russian crude (except for Bulgaria)?

https://www.telegraphindia.com/busi...il-but-who-is-the-surprise-buyer/cid/1910044?
https://www.ng.ru/news/759271.html

Translatable via Google, this article from Putinpress states that RF budget is 35% down from last year (from RF MinFin).

That suggests that sanctions are, in fact, working just fine. Food is plentiful, but petro-war-dollars aren't.

advertisement

Back