advertisement

Yes beautiful ...love to hear some cube speakers sometime ..not cheap though !! The full range drivers are over 2k alone to buy

Yes beautiful ...love to hear some cube speakers sometime ..not cheap though !! The full range drivers are over 2k alone to buy
I had to sell two pairs of speakers to get the money for these ex-dem's! I don't think they'd had much use as there was no bass when I got them. Just recently it's appeared and the overall sound is much smoother. Now they are singing I don't pay attention to them, I just enjoy the music and sound stage.

Just be cautious and take time to ensure that’s the right decision. I tried a Naim Nova last summer, hoping for a single box solution, but it just didn’t work with my speakers, giving a thin sound with very very little bass. No way am I changing my ProAcs, so the NDX2 and Supernait 3 remained. It may be a different matter with the Hegel and other speakers of course.

I’d echo some of this, I too had a Nova which sounded nice but had an ongoing niggling fault that I thought shouldn’t be present in equipment of its calibre. When the fault failed to be fixed, I tossed it in for separates again and the SQ leapt as a result despite them costing less than a new Nova.

Hurrah - Had a change around today. Moved the music room from the sun room to the larger front room, the TV is now in the middle room and the dining table in the sun room.

My speakers now have room to breathe and they are sounding awesome :)
Had to make up some speaker cable (gone from 2 metres to 7 metres.....) but not an issue.

Now looks like this:

20230102_202704.jpg

20230102_201831.jpg

20230102_201734.jpg

20230102_201726.jpg

Some records waiting to be moved......
20230102_160319.jpg

Just enjoying the new lease of life the new room is making with the extra volume of the room :)

Hurrah - Had a change around today. Moved the music room from the sun room to the larger front room, the TV is now in the middle room and the dining table in the sun room.

My speakers now have room to breathe and they are sounding awesome :)
Had to make up some speaker cable (gone from 2 metres to 7 metres.....) but not an issue.

Now looks like this:

20230102_202704.jpg

20230102_201831.jpg

20230102_201734.jpg

20230102_201726.jpg

Some records waiting to be moved......
20230102_160319.jpg

Just enjoying the new lease of life the new room is making with the extra volume of the room :)

Looks fab! I reckon you've got space for one or two more turntables now :)

Currently have 3 setups in a two bedroom apartment.The top pic is the spare room,(office, gym) middle pic the living room, and bottom is the bedroom. I'm moving in a few months and will see about different combinations depending on the new place, should be interesting!

SRB4543.jpg
SRB4491.jpg
IMG-4428.jpg

Currently have 3 setups in a two bedroom apartment.The top pic is the spare room,(office, gym) middle pic the living room, and bottom is the bedroom. I'm moving in a few months and will see about different combinations depending on the new place, should be interesting!

SRB4543.jpg
SRB4491.jpg
IMG-4428.jpg

Very nice systems. How are you getting on with the little Audiolab?

SRB4543.jpg
SRB4491.jpg
IMG-4428.jpg
Either room is so inviting !

No real big plans for new gear this year. Current system includes.... Transrotor turntable / Abis tonearm / Grado G2+ (silver coils!), EAR MC4 step-up transformer, JVC integrated amp/DAC, Esoteric CD transport.

Hi-fi goal for 2023 is to finalize the choice of speaker for this room. Narrowed down the field to Davis Acoustics - Olympia One Master, Magnepan 1.7i, or Sony SS-NAES. All three choices sound so good it will be a real battle to the end!

Note the SMSL DAC on top of the transport...wanted to compare a top notch modern DAC to the vintage DAC in the JVC (JVC wins!).

gi.mpl

gi.mpl

gi.mpl

gi.mpl

gi.mpl

Lovely looking gear @Waxxy especially the Esoteric transport.

Why do your plants have wheels?

Thanks Paul. The Esoteric transport is a real gem. My only worry would be servicing a 30 year old unit! The potted plants are up on wheels for a couple of reasons...to allow easy movement for cleaning etc, and to lift the clay pots allowing air movement below in effort to avoid mildew / mold.

SRB4543.jpg
SRB4491.jpg
IMG-4428.jpg
Great systems! If you don't mind me asking, what are your living room speakers?

advertisement

Back