advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: IV VONC

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Oliver Dowden has walked.

FV_cXJ0XkAAuBqx

My initial thought was it looks more like him falling on his sword to take the blame for their recent performance, but his last sentence about loyalty to the party suggests he's had enough of the current leadership.
I'm told that Dowding is known as Olive amongst his party colleagues due to a missprint in a previous internal publication.

I'm told that Dowding is known as Olive amongst his party colleagues due to a missprint in a previous internal publication.
Don't start that talking
I could talk all night
My mind was sleepwalking
While I'm putting the world to right
Call careers information
Have you got yourself an occupation?

Oliver Dowden’s not here to stay
Oliver Dowden’s on his way
And he would rather be anywhere else
But here today

But there's no danger
It's a professional career
Though it could be arranged
With just a word in Boris Johnson’s ear
If you're out of luck or out of work
We could send you to Rwanda

And he would rather be anywhere else
But here today

Last edited:
Don't start that talking
I could talk all night
My mind was sleepwalking
While I'm putting the world to right
Call careers information
Have you got yourself an occupation?

And I would rather be anywhere else
But here today

But there's no danger
It's a professional career
Though it could be arranged
With just a word in Boris Johnson’s ear
If you're out of luck or out of work
We could send you to Johannesburg

And I would rather be anywhere else
But here today

Wots this...

Oliver's Barmy? :p;)

Surely this woman was the star of the show:

FWBNefAX0AAyNYz

Video clip here:

https://twitter.com/AvaSantina/status/1540094836140826637

Nothing would make me watch that crap.

I missed that bit but got her mate going on about poor Boris getting covid. Mike's quick response was brillant. But I get it the gammon are impenetrable. The 'others' who are not gammon infected need to make sure they get out and vote for change. Sit on your arse and this stuff will continue.

It depends whether your objective is Labour and nothing else or not having a Tory government, because the two are not the same thing.
Your supporter doesn’t understand. :D Saw my name and that’s all it takes...

The objective for me is to replace the tory govt. It isn’t a matter of Labour or nothing else, it’s that Labour is the only realistic alternative under FPTP.

I would like PR, but it won’t happen in one go.

Beats me why some Scots lie that a minority who support the tories in England is a majority. Some members here like to do that. It’s obvious who they are.

Last edited:
I have always voted to oppose the Tories because they do not and have never supported ordinary people.

I am concerned that so many people want to see Johnson kicked out, surely people understand that he is a great asset in removing the Tories. Look at the comedy stars on the front bench along with keep the k unt and we have a win way beyond what the opposition parties can ever do.

I missed that bit but got her mate going on about poor Boris getting covid. Mike's quick response was brillant. But I get it the gammon are impenetrable. The 'others' who are not gammon infected need to make sure they get out and vote for change. Sit on your arse and this stuff will continue.

Absolutely hilarious....What is needed is a massive cull ...nothing else will suffice. Then we start with a programme of sterilisation in Middle school!

Boris on R4 waffling for England, and to a large extent allowed to get away with it. He spoke of his plan for the economy, but was not pressed on what that plan was, at least, not pressed in the same way as Raab was yesterday morning who when asked what the Tory economic plan was said, “….er….umm….growth….er…unions….er….high wages….er…..”

How many oven ready plans has Johnson promised so far?

I was disappointed that when he talked of having a plan for the economy, the interviewer didn’t ask him if it was oven ready.

Impenetrable to reason- they know what they like and they like what they know. Complex issues reduced to repetitious slogans and ignorance is weaponised: Britain’s full/ Britain can’t fill vacancies.

Boris on R4 waffling for England, and to a large extent allowed to get away with it. He spoke of his plan for the economy, but was not pressed on what that plan was, at least, not pressed in the same way as Raab was yesterday morning who when asked what the Tory economic plan was said, “….er….umm….growth….er…unions….er….high wages….er…..”

Yes, Mishal Husain was poor compared with our boy yesterday but Boris is difficult to interview as he takes no notice of the question and rarely stops talking (piffle).

BBC this morning: Boris Johnson has said a "psychological transformation" in his character is "not going to happen" after Tory by-election defeats led to calls for change.

No shit?

BBC this morning: Boris Johnson has said a "psychological transformation" in his character is "not going to happen" after Tory by-election defeats led to calls for change.

No shit?
Johnson doesn’t have any character to be transformed

Well, you can’t just switch lying psychopathy off, it’s baked in.

Meanwhile, Boris works hard to fix housing shortage:

Boris Johnson planned to build a £150,000 treehouse in the grounds of Chequers but was forced to abandon the idea after the police raised security concerns.
The Times has been told that the prime minister and his wife Carrie wanted to build the treehouse at the country retreat in autumn 2020 for their son Wilf.

….they were going to tap Lord Brownnose, the dupe who paid for the Downing St tart up, for the cash

Steve Bannon playbook: ‘Flooding the zone’ (Byline Times).

This possibly deserves its own thread as it applies as much to Trump, the Republican right, Farage/Banks, Fox News, GB News, Daily Mail, Express and all the others so heavily influenced by Bannon’s alt-right/fascist ideology that is steadily creeping across the western world at present as much as it does the UK Conservative Party, Johnson, the ERG etc at the heart of our government who are clear followers of the strategy. Definitely worth a read, and google the term too as there is a lot to read from multiple sources.

This is happening. It is a strategy. A tactic. Don’t be fooled. It is entirely intentional.

This possibly deserves its own thread as it applies as much to Trump, the Republican right, Farage/Banks, Fox News, GB News, Daily Mail, Express and all the others so heavily influenced by Bannon’s alt-right/fascist ideology that is steadily creeping across the western world at present as much as it does the UK Conservative Party, Johnson, the ERG etc at the heart of our government who are clear followers of the strategy. Definitely worth a read, and google the term too as there is a lot to read from multiple sources.

This is happening. It is a strategy. A tactic. Don’t be fooled. It is entirely intentional.
This is a tactic that was attributed to Putin a few years ago, but then it was called something different an identified as fermenting chaos in order to provide leadership out of confusion by blaming other actors for the chaos and confusion. Perhaps that is why Trump and Putin were so close, they shared to same goal. It hasn’t gone away with Trump, it has just migrated elsewhere and found a very willing home here in the UK.

Agree, this is essential reading. We really need to get our own house in order

This is a tactic that was attributed to Putin a few years ago, but then it was called something different an identified as fermenting chaos in order to provide leadership out of confusion by blaming other actors for the chaos and confusion.

Yes, its a very similar thing. A disrupter tactic and in Putin’s case playing all sides against the centre to create an instability he then exploits. Adam Curtis documents it superbly in Hypernormalisation. It is long, but I’d recommend it to anyone.

I’d say the end goal is different though. Bannon is unquestionably a fascist and a fundamentalist Christian white supremacist. His goal is primarily ideological and he finds much support in the Republican Party and UK Conservative Party. Putin’s ideology is Putin. It seems little more than retaining and increasing his vice-like grip on Russia, controlling its assets etc, though he does certainly exploit religion, racism and bigotry as an authoritarian tool.

A main strategy in spreading the CHAOS.

You think it started with bannon, think again...

Boris Johnson discusses his ‘brilliant strategy for confusing media’ in resurfaced clip
A clip has resurfaced of Boris Johnson discussing his “brilliant strategy” for dealing with the media during an appearance on BBC’s Booktalk in 2006.

The prime minister is facing calls to resign after a number of scandals but suggested 16 years ago that making “so many gaffes” was part of his master plan.

“I’ve got a brilliant new strategy which is to make so many gaffes, that no one knows what to concentrate on,” Mr Johnson said.

“You pepper the media with so many gaffes that they are confused.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/boris-johnson-gaffes-media-strategy-v5e9c2a5b

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back