advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XXIV

64 deaths reported over the weekend and 822, 829 and 797 new admissions, 40% up on a week ago. Daily updates are being stopped at the end of the month, to prevent close tracking of the current wave, no doubt - we will only get weekly figures going forward.

64 deaths reported over the weekend and 822, 829 and 797 new admissions, 40% up on a week ago. Daily updates are being stopped at the end of the month, to prevent close tracking of the current wave, no doubt - we will only get weekly figures going forward.
Thanks for the additional information. A shame but the trend has been to limit information the public has so the view that the pandemic is over, can be reinforced.

The deaths (by date of death) data is now as up to date as it has been in the past and shows the same pattern as the hospital admissions but with the 7 to 10 day delay.

Thanks for the additional information. A shame but the trend has been to limit information the public has so the view that the pandemic is over, can be reinforced.

The deaths (by date of death) data is now as up to date as it has been in the past and shows the same pattern as the hospital admissions but with the 7 to 10 day delay.

In reality we only get reliable figures on wed/thurs/fri anyway but it will make it more difficult to judge our level of risk, I'm sure.

Daily updates are being stopped at the end of the month, to prevent close tracking of the current wave, no doubt - we will only get weekly figures going forward.

That is truly unbelievable, I fear for what is to come if the Gov continues to push the 'it is all over' lie, as so many want to believe it. A nasty mutation and we are in a dire position and with no credible leadership, will be powerless to respond collectively.

Cheers S.
I think we're just about through it.
Pretty wiped out for three days.
Like flu followed by nasty cold post-viral symptoms.
Hacking cough leading to sleep deprivation and then catarrh.
A relief to have it in July rather than January.
This sounds very like someone in our household, he’s tested negative twice but we all think it’s Covid. Is this how BA.4 and BA.5 present? It’s certainly unpleasant, I hope you can at least sleep.

This sounds very like someone in our household, he’s tested negative twice but we all think it’s Covid. Is this how BA.4 and BA.5 present? It’s certainly unpleasant, I hope you can at least sleep.
Three stacked pillows and a cough sweet and I got off after a couple of hours last night...just putting off going to bed now!

Mildish post-viral symptoms continue.
Today's new one is almost complete loss of taste and smell. I do hope this is temporary.

National incident declared over polio virus findings in London sewage

UK Health Security Agency says evidence of limited community transmission of virus found in wastewater

Public health officials have declared a national incident after routine surveillance of wastewater in north and east London found evidence of community transmission of poliovirus for the first time.

The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) said waste from the Beckton sewage treatment works in Newham tested positive for vaccine-derived poliovirus in February and that further positive samples had been detected since.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...als-declare-national-incident-over-poliovirus

National incident declared over polio virus findings in London sewage

UK Health Security Agency says evidence of limited community transmission of virus found in wastewater

Public health officials have declared a national incident after routine surveillance of wastewater in north and east London found evidence of community transmission of poliovirus for the first time.

The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) said waste from the Beckton sewage treatment works in Newham tested positive for vaccine-derived poliovirus in February and that further positive samples had been detected since.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...als-declare-national-incident-over-poliovirus
The article doesn’t explain to the reader what vaccine-derived poliovirus is given they’re talking about community transmission. A vaccine that actually causes a transmissible form of the disease it’s designed to prevent?

OK got it.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/polio/hcp/vaccine-derived-poliovirus-faq.html

I’m pretty sure any polio vaccinations I received as an adult ( for travel to endemic regions) were oral. I had no idea an orally vaccinated person could transmit the disease to the unvaccinated as a result of the oral vaccine!

The article doesn’t explain to the reader what vaccine-derived poliovirus is given they’re talking about community transmission. A vaccine that actually causes a transmissible form of the disease it’s designed to prevent?

A weakened form of the virus was used (and still is elsewhere) to make the old sugar lump vaccine that most of us received. It has since mutated and can spread among the unvaccinated.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/polio/hcp/vaccine-derived-poliovirus-faq.html

advertisement

Back