advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

I imagine the selling of Williams took away that little last bit of passion and drive that kept him alive, and his body finally released itself.

Sad day, I always wanted Williams to be back on top and wished Frank could have seen that day.

Williams were always the team I naturally supported. I was sad to see their latest incarnations over the past few years and I am sure Frank felt the same.

RIP Frank and commiserations to Claire and the rest of his family.

He may not have been feeling that well when Williams was sold as Claire mentioned about him moving near her and spending more time with her Dad as I do not think he would easily have given up the company . RIP a great team owner and innovator

Great video, thanks for the link. A couple of points from the above, for all the complexity of an F1 car I love how simple the brake bias adjustment is. I had imagined it was done more like a rally car.
The split turbo which I believe was a Mercedes design is just superb, separating the cool intake and hot output gasses but how finely balanced must that turbo shaft be. I’ve seen videos of car turbo shafts being balanced and they are only a few inches long, just image how accurately balanced the shaft must be in the above example spanning the length of the engine!
Also, what magic brake fluid do they use that doesn’t boil just by its proximity to those carbon discs and pads. It’s witchcraft I tell you!

Also, what magic brake fluid do they use that doesn’t boil just by its proximity to those carbon discs and pads. It’s witchcraft I tell you!

https://endless-brake.info/products/brake-fluid/

Judging by this (non-Endless) patent abstract, these fluids can be quite exotic:

The invention discloses a high-boiling-point high-performance brake fluid composition and a preparation method thereof; and the brake fluid composition comprises boric acid, triethylene glycol butyl ether, a hydroxylamine compound, an organosilicon substance with a hydrophilic and hydrophobic group, an anionic hydroxyl silicone oil emulsion and an azeotropic agent. According to the composition, According to the preparation method, boric acid, triethylene glycol butyl ether and a hydroxylamine compound are used as raw materials, and the hydroxylamine compound can be introduced into the structure of borate after reaction, so that the structure of the borate is more stable and is not easy to hydrolyze, and meanwhile, an organic silicon substance with a hydrophilic and hydrophobic group and ananionic hydroxyl silicone oil emulsion are added; the surface of the composition is coated with the organosilicon substance with hydrophilic and hydrophobic groups and the anionic hydroxyl silicone oil emulsion, external moisture is further prevented from entering the composition, generated moisture is entrained and separated through the entrainer in the reaction process, the moisture in the prepared base solution can be reduced to the maximum extent, and then the use performance of the product is improved.

advertisement

Back