advertisement

What are you reading right now?

Just finished ‘The Man who thought his wife was a hat’ by Oliver Sacks the Neurologist. An absolute eye opener to how strangely the brain can interpret the world. It’s worth a read albeit a tad dense in places.

I hope you're including audiobooks in this, in which case I'm currently halfway through 'The Tenant of Wildfell Hall' read by Alex Jennings and Jenny Agutter.
Best recent discovery, and out of my usual line of things (sci-fi) was Project Hail Mary, by Andy Weir.

Scum of the Earth. Koestler.
Account of how he escaped war time France.
Shocking period of French history as well as Jewish deportations thousands of Spanish republicans were sent to concentration camps ,as well as anti Nazi Germans.

Just finished ‘The Man who thought his wife was a hat’ by Oliver Sacks the Neurologist. An absolute eye opener to how strangely the brain can interpret the world. It’s worth a read albeit a tad dense in places.

old ones never lose their impact. Read it in the 1980s as an undergraduate.

David stubbs MARS by 1980 - history of electronic music.
When i say reading its more glancing then listening to the track refernced in the book. Needs more pictures tho..

The 3 part "Jesus: Mything in Action" by David Fitzgerald. A fastidiously footnoted and very scholarly rebuttal of the "every serious historian believes in a historical Jesus" trope.

Just finished The Godfather - Mario Puzo. First time in ages. Better than the movie in every way.
Currently on The Big Sleep - Raymond Chandler. Bargain at 71p on the Kindle ( have the Penguin 3 novels in one from the 80's in paperback on the bookshelf but the font is soo small I struggle to see it and can't concentrate nowadays)

advertisement

Back