advertisement

What are you reading right now?

Joe Hutch

Mate of the bloke
'Ancestral Voices' by James Lees-Milne; 'Postwar' by Tony Judt; 'Faust' by Goethe and 'Une Semaine de Bonte' by Max Ernst.

Soon I will immerse myself in 'Shelley: The Pursuit' by Richard Holmes.

joe.

do you read all that simultaneously on an al gore 9matthew r) monitor assembly?

i've just started ana karenina (on a kindle). embarrassing to admit, but my first time.

vuk.

joe.

do you read all that simultaneously on an al gore 9matthew r) monitor assembly?

i've just started ana karenina (on a kindle). embarrassing to admit, but my first time.

vuk.

No; I dip in and out of each. 'Postwar' has the tiniest print known to mankind, so I can't read too much at one go. 'Une Semaine de Bonte' is mostly pictures (the first graphic novel?).

I may succumb to the lure of the Kindle, as our house now has many more books than shelfspace.

Simon Reynolds - Totally Wired, the companion piece to his excellent Rip It Up And Start Again.

My sister bought me Emile Zola's "The beast inside" which I'm wading through, rather slowly.

I recently read "The perfect storm", upon which the film was based ... the book was very good: I've not seen the film.

Next up I've ordered this

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/180066.Beautiful_Boy

Thanks to Ian for recommending "Endeavour" about the failed, but heroic Shackleton expedition to cross Antarctica. A tremendous read about a time when men were men.

I recently read "The perfect storm", upon which the film was based ... the book was very good: I've not seen the film.

That's nicely written in journalistic style, the film is a travesty though- skip it, for it will just annoy you.

Thanks to Ian for recommending "Endeavour" about the failed, but heroic Shackleton expedition to cross Antarctica. A tremendous read about a time when men were men.

which ian?

i'm also very suspicious of this "men were men" claim. what exactly do you mean? archie bunker sang that tun once upon a timee.

vuk.

Mystery Cults in the Ancient World by Hugh Bowden. Thames and Hudson. Fascinating, academic and up-to-date.

advertisement

Back