advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Ron should come for a year. If he did he would play on the same rotation basis everyone else does. It would be a good education for all the young players to see how he handles himself off and on the pitch. If we get the right system, I think he'd score a lot of goals, I imagine KDB would love him as outlet

I think Ron should come for a year. If he did he would play on the same rotation basis everyone else does. It would be a good education for all the young players to see how he handles himself off and on the pitch. If we get the right system, I think he'd score a lot of goals, I imagine KDB would love him as outlet
Worth bearing in mind that with him and Grealish on the pitch you'd only have 9 men standing for much of the game.;)

If he goes to City then their chances of a PL title defence have gone up a notch-something I didn't feel was the case with the Grealish signing.

If he was coming into my team, that would be very much my fear. In a team of massive egos, which is just about any team from Sunday League up, he’d put a few noses out of joint. I can imagine Foden for example getting frustrated if Ron was picked ahead of him week after week

We have heard this stuck record for a decade - apparently Yaya and KDB were wastes of money, wouldn't fit in or were unheard of. If another player arrives, they have to fit in and prove that they can take another's place.

There’ll be a bun fight at the Harlem Globetrotters that’s for sure.
Wonder how Sancho feels about the next two years as a bench warmer.

It does concern me that we’ve spent 100 million on a midfielder who’s not as good as the other midfielders, and bought no-one up front. I can’t see us pulling the same trick twice. Quite glad it’s not Ronaldo though, never liked the posturing.

It does concern me that we’ve spent 100 million on a midfielder who’s not as good as the other midfielders, and bought no-one up front. I can’t see us pulling the same trick twice. Quite glad it’s not Ronaldo though, never liked the posturing.

I think we have enough: Torres, Raheem, Jesus, and Delap can all play 'up front' if we choose to have that focal point. Pep's press conference was a little cryptic today though, so who knows what will happen before the window closes. My guts say we don't buy.

I think we have enough: Torres, Raheem, Jesus, and Delap can all play 'up front' if we choose to have that focal point. Pep's press conference was a little cryptic today though, so who knows what will happen before the window closes. My guts say we don't buy.

I’m sure we won’t, we’re very light though if Torres gets injured. Jesus isn’t a striker, Stirling certainly isn’t! It’s asking a lot of a kid who’s barely started a game, hasn’t had a pre-season to take the place of a legend like Aguero. We were lucky last season, VVD out at Liverpool, Chelsea with Frank in charge, Ole at United.
The nation’s favourites will have a very dangerous front line, so will Liverpool and Chelsea. I can’t see us winning much beyond our usual Milk Cup this year.

I’m sure we won’t, we’re very light though if Torres gets injured. Jesus isn’t a striker, Stirling certainly isn’t! It’s asking a lot of a kid who’s barely started a game, hasn’t had a pre-season to take the place of a legend like Aguero. We were lucky last season, VVD out at Liverpool, Chelsea with Frank in charge, Ole at United.
The nation’s favourites will have a very dangerous front line, so will Liverpool and Chelsea. I can’t see us winning much beyond our usual Milk Cup this year.

Aguero hasn't played for fourteen months really. We will see: I personally do not think we need an out-and-out striker.
Meanwhile, it was nice that Pep said that the idea that he said he'd be leaving at the end of his contract was rubbish.

Mendy remanded in custody, makes his suspension seem rather pointless.

Can we not have bleating from City fans saying they are short of a striker, fans are never happy;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back