advertisement

What are you listening to right now #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Various Artists - The House Of Hits (The History Of House Music) 11xCD - Streetsounds

Found it on eBay for a ridiculous amount of money so sent a offer in what I considered a fair compromise considering that he didn’t have the box and he accepted, nice chap.

It might take a while but I will find a original decent condition box for them, sometimes you have to take a punt with items like this. I have the LP version already and that box has seen better days as well but I’ve had it for 30+ years and the records are in great shape still, I just don’t like moving it around.

Maybe I should think about making acrylic cases for my box sets, I imagine they would be expensive to order bespoke?
They can be delicate items to move around sometimes and it’d be a simple enough job to do.

open-uri20200108-10105-1e7esi6

Le Belmondo Quintet - Brotherhood. Well-known (in France) jazz group featuring trumpet and sax playing brothers. I caught a live performance earlier tonight on TSF Jazz in which they showcased tunes from their latest album, now I’m listening to it on Spotify. The titles namecheck Bill Evans, Yusef Lateef and Wayne Shorter and the first track has a sneaky quote from A Love Supreme, so you can guess where they are coming from. Smack in the middle of my comfort zone - I’ll be buying this one.

CD res flac - getting used to and enjoying the new (2nd hand) Audience Au24SX speaker cables

Sophie Hunger - Monday's Ghost
Bronski Beat - The Age of Consent
Billie Ellish - Don't Smile at Me

Spirit, Feedback. The one nobody listens to because Randy California had temporarily left the band, but it's one of my favourites despite that.

Thanks - I enjoyed that. I thought Ellery Eskelin was a new name to me but Discogs tells me I have a CD of him playing with Han Bennink so I'll dig that out.

Had to google where I knew the name from and it was a Marc Ribot connection so now listening to The Sun Died

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back