advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

He was a very clever man and overall helped increase safety both in motorsport and in road cars so should be praised for that. However he was also a bully using his intelligence to enrich himself and Bernard Charles through highly dodgy dealings, manipulated an industry body to his own agenda. He became the person he originally deposed (J-M Balestre) at the head of the FIA who he claimed was running the FIA as his own personal fiefdom ....

His publicised sex tapes were pretty funny, we love a "statesman" embarrassed but he was braver than most to brazen out the court case but as mentioned, he was a very clever man and a barrister so could pick the poorly worded News of the World story and win. I found the case hard to decide as I wanted them both to lose.

RIP

I always liked his story of how he came to love motorsport. The fact that Sir Oswald was his father was always an acute embarrassment. He was at a motorsport event, when someone said to him, "Mosley? You must be the son of..." (Oh no, thought Max, here it comes) .."old Fred Mosley, the engine tuner from Leicestershire [or wherever]...". And he'd found a world where his parentage mattered not at all.

Interesting how f1 seems to like countries with scant regard for democracy, does it reflect on the boss.

Sounds like it's going to be another damage limitation job for Mercedes again this weekend. They're miles off the pace at the moment FP 1 & 2. Max has got to maximise his points haul before RB have their flexi rear wing advantage stripped off them and we get back to more regular circuits.

Meanwhile, Mercedes seems to be going backwards - when you're down with Williams, you're in trouble.

I think the rabbits will be duly stuffed into Mercedes top hats sometime between the end of P3 and the start of Q3 - 24 hours is a long time in F1

‘If’ certain cars have flexible aero parts, and ‘if’ that gives them an advantage at high speed, perhaps that’s all we are seeing at Baku.

According to Toto the Mercs are struggling on the 90 degree corners so I guess the news of Singapore's cancellation will be joyfully received in their garage.

‘If’ certain cars have flexible aero parts, and ‘if’ that gives them an advantage at high speed, perhaps that’s all we are seeing at Baku.

Sky was suggesting that the Merc rear wing was now also flexing as well as their front wing.

Merc seems to be having issues this year, wonder if what was discussed earlier in the thread about staff changes has anything to do with this.

Sky was suggesting that the Merc rear wing was now also flexing as well as their front wing.

Merc seems to be having issues this year, wonder if what was discussed earlier in the thread about staff changes has anything to do with this.

I am sure Merc have made a semi flexi wing just to make the point but Jack Horners whining is back to his unpleasant best trying to divert attention to the Merc front wing. He will get nowhere with that even if he protests it which given the Merc dismal performace so far, seems unlikely.

The Merc speed is a weird one given they still have a strong engine, looks like quali pace is biggest issue, long run times were fine and Ferrari long runs were shocking but the tin can looks ballistic in all conditions.

advertisement

Back