advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the media are ramping it all back up this morning, obviously they feel they've had a lull in the 'more fear more viewers/readers' mantra so :

Lots of deaths are now 'expected' for weeks on end like it's perfectly normal.
SAGE advising strict lockdown, Johnson ignoring them.
No exit strategy planning.
No improvement to test and trace.
Christmas is going to be a complete disaster as is Halloween and Bonfire Night.
Vaccines may not work at all or be of limited use.

We may as well just hang ourselves and save the NHS the bother :D

Tories and their “research” groups, eh? Now we have the Northern Research Group (Independent). David Davis, Esther McVey, what could possibly go wrong...

PS Wasn’t ‘NRG’ some house/techno sub-category?

Tories and their “research” groups... eh? Now we have the Northern Research Group (Independent). David Davis, Esther McVey, what could possibly go wrong...

They are wiring up the plug for the Northern Powerhouse. Stand back.

Tories and their “research” groups, eh? Now we have the Northern Research Group (Independent). David Davis, Esther McVey, what could possibly go wrong...

If it's anything like the ERG then I assume they are Northern-phobic. Do they want the North to leave the UK?

Well the media are ramping it all back up this morning, obviously they feel they've had a lull in the 'more fear more viewers/readers' mantra so :

Lots of deaths are now 'expected' for weeks on end like it's perfectly normal.
SAGE advising strict lockdown, Johnson ignoring them.
No exit strategy planning.
No improvement to test and trace.
Christmas is going to be a complete disaster as is Halloween and Bonfire Night.
Vaccines may not work at all or be of limited use.

We may as well just hang ourselves and save the NHS the bother :D

The Government need to be honest with the population—some hope!

It seem to me that the only way to proceed now if we want to avoid many deaths and the NHS overwhelmed is for a full country lockdown (and proper job security for all employees and businesses) until we have a functioning track and trace system with rapid and easily available test capability.

That is an exit strategy. The only one IMHO.

Even if we have a 'fully' vaccinated population (maybe 2022 is we are really lucky) we are going to need this in place for the foreseeable future.

Stephen

My daughter has just found out that she's been in close contact with a positive case at school and must isolate. She's been walking round the house for 8 days ffs. School isn't working...

It seem to me that the only way to proceed now if we want to avoid many deaths and the NHS overwhelmed is for a full country lockdown (and proper job security for all employees and businesses) until we have a functioning track and trace system with rapid and easily available test capability.

Even if we have a 'fully' vaccinated population (maybe 2022 is we are really lucky) we are going to need this in place for the foreseeable future.

Stephen

That's exactly my thinking too, it seems kind of obvious.... well to us, just not Johnson & Co.

My daughter has just found out that she's been in close contact with a positive case at school and must isolate. She's been walking round the house for 8 days ffs. School isn't working...

Can't really like your post for obvious reasons, but totally agree with you. Hope your daughter is OK.

Nothing to see here, just standard Tory ‘nationalise the loses, privatise the profits’ ideology.

Stephen

You mean do now what they should have done in March ? BJ has shown he is not for turning even by Marcus Rashford.

That’s not good news and I can imagine it’s worrying for you.

Why did it take 8 days to find out? Was it that someone in her group presented symptoms, applied for a test straight away, and it took 8 days to get it done and get the results and let you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back