advertisement

Working on it Martin but the supply of potato peelings from the neighbours is intermittent. The coriander extraction from the local takeaway is sorted though.

We buy 90% ov our booze online. For spirits Master of Malt has a good range, despite on the surface looking like a malt whisky seller. Same goes for the online shop "Whisky Exchange"

Beers come from the breweries or Amazon.

How we make our FiFitinis. (P**NStar Martini)

For two servings

Juice of 2 passion fruit, strain out the seeds with a sieve.

Juice of half a Lime

2 large measures of Vanilla Vodka

1 large measure Passoa (passion fruit liqueur)

Tablespoon of sugar syrup

shake with ice - pour into martini glasses - top with champagne or prosecco

*to tart it up > float half a passion fruit on top

repeat ad infinitum

I want to add Vanilla Gomme, but we haven't got any.
Going to order some, it has a slight thickening effect and a slight orange nose.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004FN8JQA/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

We had many Fifitini's on Sunday.

The Gomme has arrived, and it makes the Fifitini have a silky texture.

We used a dozen passion fruit, and I found out it is one of my daughters favourite fruits.

So Gomme adds something of texture and it has a light orange blossom nose.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EJJDXDY/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Fifitini’s on the go.

Prosecco Rosé instead of regular fizz.

Put a bit more (Le Sirop de Monin) Gomme in it than normally, I love the silky viscosity it gives to the cocktail.

this >
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EJJDXDY/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

the Fifitini’s taste like pop, which is what I like about this type of cocktail.

Heading for wrack & ruin on a tasty boat.

:)

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
wonder what to make with

20210213-172407.jpg

Clear spirit. well, who cares... no intrinsic flavour worth cultivating*; make something interesting until you wake up hurting.

I'm all for Dylan Moran's view on vodka at this point:

Vodka is a very deceptive drink, because you drink it and you think, "What is this? This is pointless! It's - you can't taste it, you can't smell it... Why did we waste our money on this, bloody - why are we on a traffic island?"

* to be fair, even if there was - on grounds of taste/savour I can't abide anything made from corn anyway.

Look - on the rare if I buy vodka - I know very well where my preference lies. It's with multiple-distilled, filtered grain-based types. very cold, very small shots of that are worth a go esp with smorgasbord etc: but more usually -such a thing is the kick for a more interesting drink - not a thing in itself.
(simplistic example - I find 'Russian Standard' , sticky, thick and icky -sweet, revoltingly-useless)

If you like what spirit from corn tastes like - fill your boots.

:)

I fell asleep about 21:00 hrs. on the sofa.

We got through 2 shakers full of Fifitini’s plus two bottles of fizz.

Couldn’t remember eating the main meal. Got half way through Four Lions...

The Wife has referred to me as ‘A drunken old fool,’ twice this morning. It gives her some pleasure that she out lasted me.
I was caning it. o_O

One cocktail shaker was
150 ml. approx. Absolut vanilla vodka
120 ml. approx. Passoa passion fruit liqueur
passion fruit juice and a bit of lime juice,
plus 60 - 90 ml.Gomme

once shook up the mix was poured in large martini glasses, about two thirds, then topped with prosecco.

One cocktail shaker was
150 ml. approx. Absolut vanilla vodka
120 ml. approx. Passoa passion fruit liqueur
passion fruit juice and a bit of lime juice,
plus 60 - 90 ml.Gomme

hell you must have a sweet tooth......

hell you must have a sweet tooth......

As I said, tastes like a soft drink. I do like cocktails that have a distinct alcoholic taste as well, but I regard those as ‘sippers’ rather than ‘knock it back by the bucket full...’

I don’t have a sweet tooth as it happens.
When we eat out (remember those halcyon days!) I never have pudding.
The Wife would have 3 courses of pudding though :)

advertisement

Back