Votes: 29 28.7%
  • LP12 vs Anything Else?

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • Do Cables Make A Difference?

Votes: 60 59.4%
  • Do Supports Make A Difference?

Votes: 13 12.9%

• Total voters
I voted for the Naim threads. They are always the same, with the haters shouting the loudest.

Subjectivist vs objectivist 'debates'. Has anyone's mind been changed by such discussions, ever? At least politics threads enable me to quote from Charles Greville.

Subjectivist vs objectivist 'debates... At least politics threads enable me to quote from Charles Greville.
I’m sure no-one would mind if you quoted Charles Greville’s thoughts on subjectivism vs objectivism.
Has anyone's mind been changed by such discussions, ever?
Sums up my view of political threads. What seems even odder to me is that everyone involved keeps trying. I can’t imagine how much time is wasted in this pursuit.

Oh well, he died in 1865, so at least he hasn't got an opinion on Naim....
Pah! Make one up! This is the internet...

Try this...

Charles Greville said ‘My experiments show star-grounding on a NAC 32.5 reduced the SNR by 3.7dB (weighted.) It sounds like a veil being lifted. And my brother Algernon has achieved near identical results.’

Now all it needs is for the Google search algorithm to pick that up and it will be fact by the weekend.

I don't care if folks believe that fuses make a difference tbh, it's the offensive remarks that come from the other side that bugs me; it's only a forum ffs.
Your response, nay reaction, appears to support the notion that the subject should have been included as voting option.:p

Frankly, the list included some outdated categories from the start. For example, 'Do Supports Make a Difference?' lost relevance sometime before John Watson resurfaced as Audiophile AirBnB host to the bong whiffing faithful. Not that supports don't necessarily make a difference, mind, but when was the last time a thread included an argument for the sake of argument about the subject?

BTW, this isn't intended to be the start of an argument over the poll choices.

I’m sure no-one would mind if you quoted Charles Greville’s thoughts on subjectivism vs objectivism.

Sums up my view of political threads. What seems even odder to me is that everyone involved keeps trying. I can’t imagine how much time is wasted in this pursuit.

Political threads should have their own room and be password protected.

I suppose a secret knock wouldn't do...

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
What do you mean, who's there?
What do you mean, what do you mean, who's there?
(continued)

advertisement

Back