advertisement

System Pics 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think I am? Some sort of hifi geek?
More seriously...... My Angelus have exactly the same finish...... Which I don't like.
Hah! Just curious how the speakers were received on the other side of the pond. Was thinking of re-veneering them with Zebrano wood before, but never got around to do it.

nice set, cartman. what veneer is on the TC-60’s? and was the felt on the baffle spray-painted black?

I think some late-production examples from Spica shipped with black-dyed felt. And the "veneer" on the TC-50 and TC-60 was Formica.

nice set, cartman. what veneer is on the TC-60’s? and was the felt on the baffle spray-painted black?

Hi the veneer is Zebrano Negro and it’s real, not Formica. I did it myself as they were originally oak and a bit tired-looking,

Here’s a better look at the veneer taken when I was doing the refurb.

I used a fabric dye that you spray on to colour the felts black, it worked very well but a can doesn’t go very far. I think I used 4 cans.

Here’s a slightly better pic of the grilles. I used Velcro dots to reattach them, but in this pic I was still waiting for them t arrive, hence the CDs propping them up for the pic.

I’d love to grab and refurb some Angelus at some point,

Stunning room, the chessboard really ties it together. :)

PS - Am I the only one who's just had the crazy idea of buying a few chessboards, gluing the pieces in place and mounting them on the walls and ceiling as DIY skyline diffusors?! :D

Nice chess set.

Cheers guys, nothing better then a good old fashion game of chess. I’ve even managed to teach my 15yr old son how to play and pull him away from his computer gaming! The lost art of strategy and face to face interaction/competition:)

Hi the veneer is Zebrano Negro and it’s real, not Formica. I did it myself as they were originally oak and a bit tired...I’d love to grab and refurb some Angelus at some point,

Thanks for info. Your post made me want to get 60s at some point. I only heard them at a friend’s when they first came out, and they didn’t grab me like the older models did. But they were not fully run-in and, of course, there’s no substitute for setting them up in one’s own home.

First time uploading picture to forum, hope it works!

This is my system, fairly simple but I love the sound.

Rega P5 TT
Dynavector 10-5 cart.
Croft Phono Integrated
Cambridge Cxn 2 Streamer
Marantz CD Player
Audioquest Rocket 22 Speaker cable
Proac Tablette 10 Speakers

Hi - great system.
I'm really interested to know your view on the Proacs with the Croft...
I also have a Phono Integrated and had always fancied a pair of LS3/5as or similar.
Have you tried many other speakers with the Croft?
Cheers

Hi

I have only recently acquired the Croft but the Proac's I've had for a couple of years, I had them connected to a Naim system originally and I found them to be very musical and revealing, although sometimes to me after a time they could sound a little fatiguing with the Naim, I did have a pair of Harbeth p3esr speakers on demo for a couple of weeks but much preferred the Proac's, I then had the Croft on demo for a couple of weeks and decided to keep it, the croft and Proac combination to me just sounds right, very musical, clear, and can listen to it comfortably for hours, I listen mostly to Vinyl.

Hope this helps
Mike.

First time uploading picture to forum, hope it works!

This is my system, fairly simple but I love the sound.

Rega P5 TT
Dynavector 10-5 cart.
Croft Phono Integrated
Cambridge Cxn 2 Streamer
Marantz CD Player
Audioquest Rocket 22 Speaker cable
Proac Tablette 10 Speakers

EA005E1F-33AC-4CB9-A313-A5D948011AA1 by Ell Axon, on Flickr

B79E2FD0-455F-469A-8A8F-F9E071D941F4 by Ell Axon, on Flickr

Very nice looking system. Can I ask which stands you are using with your Proacs, please?

Thank you.

Nice Jim. Love your mix of new and classic. Miss my spacedeck sometimes.
You play bass huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back