advertisement

Bristol Show 2020

I'm going on Friday and am determined to find some way of being recognisable as a PFM member.

I've currently arrived at three possibilities:

1. Touring the show entirely naked, save for a strategically placed Pink 'Cod' Piece.

2. A small lapel badge bearing the legend 'PFM'. This one is difficult.. as I don't usually have lapels....especially on my CodPiece

3. Wandering about screaming "Pee Eff Emm, Pee Eff Emm, Pee Eff Emm!!.." at the top of my voice.

Which would members prefer?

Wear a realy Foo interconnecting cable as a necklace and have a tag on your front stating "Yes Inconnects really make a big difference", then on your back have a sign saying "Oh no they dont, prove it with test results and a double blind test"
I think we will know you are from PFM :D:rolleyes:
Alan

i'll be there, probably trundling around with Colloms for HifiCritic (and PCPro).

You'll spot me wearing a thunderbirds hoody... :)
Can you please practise walking like a T birds puppet. That arms out in front, picking up the knees thing they do? We’ll spot you much easier then...

Looking forward to coming to the Rega room - I might bring Music in Twelve Parts by Philip Glass (though on second thoughts that's on CD, better be Einstein on the Beach). I'm making a day of it and going to St George's Bristol in the evening to hear the Pavel Haas Quartet playing Tchaikovsky and Dvorak.

Cant guarantee we will have what you want to hear, so, best if you bring something, vinyl preferably but think we will also be using a CD player.

Righto, so it’s “Band of Gypsys” then......see you tomorrow!

Last edited:
Wear a realy Foo interconnecting cable as a necklace and have a tag on your front stating "Yes Inconnects really make a big difference", then on your back have a sign saying "Oh no they dont, prove it with test results and a double blind test"
I think we will know you are from PFM :D:rolleyes:
Alan

Sanity has prevailed and I will be wearing a small plain mid green NSPCC button on a cheap black fleece. Feel free to approach me ( carefully) and ask 'Oi!! You that Mull then?'

You bring em we'll play them.

You might live to regret that Paul.. I have an awful disc featuring me and several tone deaf colleagues singing "The Boys are Back in Town'....

Still.. it would be good to say Hi!.. I don't think we've met since I departed Audio Excellence Preston around 20 years ago.

advertisement

Back